AlleyGator

Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>It's taken me a long time to duplicate the rice pudding my grandmother
>made when I was a kid.

OMG Wayne. I have always dreamed of my grandma's rice pudding and I
think this must be it. Jeeze, I have vivid flashbacks of a rabbit
dinner with creamed peas and new potatoes (from her own acre-size
garden, age 90 no less) and rice pudding and Lawrence Welk for an hour
in the "front room" on Saturday night, right before a trip to the
claw-footed cast-iron bathtub in a room heated by "the monster"
followed by an hour of her antique player piano with the
thousand-year-old rolls. I'd give anything to go back to those days
for one second. God must be reallly tired of her pestering him by
now. She was a perfectionist that even HE may have trouble keeping
up with.