Angela Arnold

Default choco chip cookie recipe

> "Jenn" <wannabeachef @ wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> Someone my hubby recently spoke to has a child who's allergic to eggs,
> soy,
> animal milk, wheat,
> oats, rye and barley and wants to make them chocolate chip cookies. Any
> ideas for recipes that she can make or what she can use for substitutions
> for any ingredients? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Jenn. W.

Here are two recipes. They're from the GFCFRecipes Yahoo Group. You
might want to suggest to your friend that she subscribe to the above
Yahoo group and also the Yahoo group, POFAK (Parents Of Food Allergic
Kids).
Recipe #1:
Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 c Bette Hagman flour blend*
* (2 parts white rice flour, 2/3 part potato starch, 1/3 part tapioca
starch)
2 T flax seed powder
2 1/2 t xanthan gum
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c margarine (Spectrum and Mother's both make soy/dairy free
margarines)
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 eggs (Use egg substitute to equal 2 eggs. Ener-G brand is
egg/soy-free.)
1 1/2 t vanilla
12 oz. chocolate chips (May have to look around for these. Check
Trader
Joe's, Miss Roben's or Ener-G.)

Mix the first 5 ingredients and set aside. Blend margarine till soft
with
electric mixer, then add each of the remaining ingredients (except
chocolate
chips) mixing between each addition. Use a wooden spoon to mix dry
ingredients with wet ingredients, then chill for an hour in the
fridge. I
usually drop onto a cookie sheet using a 1/2 teaspoon, so they come
out
bite-sized. Then I place two chocolate chips on the top of each
cookie.
Bake in a 350 oven for 7 minutes for soft cookies, and a minute or two
longer for crunchy cookies.

Recipe #2:
GFCFSFEF Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup Spectrum Naturals Organic Shortening (100% organic pressed
palm oil)
1/2 cup safflower oil (substituted for margarine)
1/2 cup maple sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs (you can use your egg substitute)
1 tsp GF vanilla
2 1/2 cups Bette Hagman's flour blend (See recipe above for mixture)
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup chocolate chips (See recipe above for tips)
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 9-11 minutes.
I think the next time I make them I will add some pureed pears to
moisten them up - especially if you use an egg substitute.

Hope these help.
Angel