xenophobe

Actually, the previous poster is limited in his experience and knowledge.
Costs that are "far too much" is a very subjective statement.

Winekeeper and Enomatic, e.g., produce quality equipment that will reliably
maintain the integrity of partial bottles for up to 3 weeks.

One of the 13 informal fallacies of elementary logic is "proving the general
by the specific". The technology of nitrogen or argon displacement works
indubitably. Partial vacuum systems do not.

Whether one can afford a hobby or not has nothing to do with the laws of
physics.