The batch that I added stabilizer to stuck at S.G. 1.010. It tastes
just fine, just too sweet. It did not fall clear at all, so I am going
to fine with Super-Kleer.

I bottled the one gallon jug of the same batch that escaped the
stabilizer today... It fell brilliantly clear and is at S.G. 0.994.

Does anyone have any ideas for making a Fireweed Blossom Table Wine?

Later,
A. J.
Anchorage, Alaska, USA

A. J. Rawls wrote:
> The batch of wine that I added the stabilizer to is still fermenting
> briskly... Maybe all will work out. I started another one gallon
> batch and two three gallon batches. My. Kids like Dandelion and it
> takes a couple of years of aging.
>
> I want to try Fireweed... I see Fireweed Jelly all over the place
> here. I guess I need to find out how Jelly is made and develop a
> recipe from there.
>
> Anybody have a Fireweed Wine or Fireweed Jelly recipe?
>
> Later,
> A.J. Rawls
> Anchorage, Alaska, USA
>

> On Fri, 28 May 2004 06:41:19 -0500, "Dar V" > wrote:
>
> >Yikes. Got enough dandelions? That's a huge batch - I barely

lasted
> >picking for a one gallon. Hang in there. This is the first year, I

decided
> >not to make dandelion wine, but instead I made oregano wine. I'll

make
> >dandelion wine again next year, after I see how my dandelion wine

has aged.
> >I might make some changes in my recipe depending how it tastes.
> >Darlene
> >G'town Wisconsin
> >USA
> >
> >"A.J. Rawls" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> Disaster :-(
> >>
> >> I racked into a 25L carboy, I decided at add 500ml of white grape
> >> concentrate and grabbed the wrong bottle and poured in 500ml of

Wine
> >> Conditioner.
> >>
> >> I guess I better start picking again... This disheartening
> >>
> >> A.J.

started

leave the
> >zest