Rick Vanderwal

Default Dandelion Woes...

ugh....
I've been reading all the joy and delight peopel find in making dandelion
wine.
I've found numerous recipes.
Around where I live - many many dandelions!

The problem - lots of rain lately.
Plus, many of them are starting to die off.
And..I have a conference in Cleveland for 3 days...
And what I did take an hour to pick and another hour to snip - wasn't even
enough for one cup of petals! and now because of business and not enough to
even start a batch...they've died and dried.

I'd really love to make it. but it sure is labour intensive.
oh well, unless they live for another week, maybe next year. :-(

Rick

A.J. Rawls

I saw our first few Dandelion blossoms on south facing slopes this
weekend.. We should get plenty in the next few weeks.

I made several batches and entered some in our State Fair
competition... Everyone here, including wine judges, seems to prefer
a medium bodied wine made from the whole blosson (including the green
cup like part)... The wine made fro the complete blosson took first
place... Those made from just the petals did not even place...

I can't keep enough of the wine made from the complete blossom to meet
my family's needs... Nobody wants to drink that made from just the
petals after the taste the other stuff... It just sits in the
rack....

That is the way it works with my family here in Anchorage and with our
judges... Your mileage may vary

A.J. Rawls
Anchorage, Alaska, USA

On Sun, 9 May 2004 00:10:33 -0400, "Rick Vanderwal"
> wrote:

>ugh....
>I've been reading all the joy and delight peopel find in making dandelion
>wine.
>I've found numerous recipes.
>Around where I live - many many dandelions!
>
>The problem - lots of rain lately.
>Plus, many of them are starting to die off.
>And..I have a conference in Cleveland for 3 days...
>And what I did take an hour to pick and another hour to snip - wasn't even
>enough for one cup of petals! and now because of business and not enough to
>even start a batch...they've died and dried.
>
>I'd really love to make it. but it sure is labour intensive.
>oh well, unless they live for another week, maybe next year. :-(
>
>Rick

Dar V

Hey,
Next year, pick and freeze and then make when you have the time. You're
absolutely right it is labor intensive, and the flowers are not around long,
but I picked and froze depending on my availability and then made it when I
had enough.
Darlene

"Rick Vanderwal" > wrote in message
> ugh....
> I've been reading all the joy and delight peopel find in making dandelion
> wine.
> I've found numerous recipes.
> Around where I live - many many dandelions!
>
> The problem - lots of rain lately.
> Plus, many of them are starting to die off.
> And..I have a conference in Cleveland for 3 days...
> And what I did take an hour to pick and another hour to snip - wasn't even
> enough for one cup of petals! and now because of business and not enough

> even start a batch...they've died and dried.
>
> I'd really love to make it. but it sure is labour intensive.
> oh well, unless they live for another week, maybe next year. :-(
>
> Rick

Joe

On 05/09/2004 12:10 AM, Rick Vanderwal said:
> ugh....
> I've been reading all the joy and delight peopel find in making dandelion
> wine.
> I've found numerous recipes.
> Around where I live - many many dandelions!
>
> The problem - lots of rain lately.
> Plus, many of them are starting to die off.
> And..I have a conference in Cleveland for 3 days...
> And what I did take an hour to pick and another hour to snip - wasn't even
> enough for one cup of petals! and now because of business and not enough to
> even start a batch...they've died and dried.
>
> I'd really love to make it. but it sure is labour intensive.
> oh well, unless they live for another week, maybe next year. :-(
>
> Rick

The first cup is the hardest. ;-) Once I get a good rythm going,
it doesn't take me long at all. I never timed it but this year I
picked 24 cups of dandelion petals. I did it over 2 days, and I'd
guess that the 12 cups each day took about an hour and a half.
Maybe 30 minutes to pick the flowers, and 60 minutes of pulling the
petals off. I just hold the base (calyx) tightly in my left hand,
and with right hand I bunch up the petals and twist off. If I
ignore the few bits of green that get in with the petals, and don't
worry over a few petals getting tossed away with the calyx, it does
go really fast.

Next year I might time myself. Mabye I'll count how many flowers
too - it would be fun to know, but I doubt if I can pay attention
that long.

--
Joe
http://www.joekaz.net/

Rob M

AJ.

What recipe do you use for the whole flower? That would be much easier to pick.

Rob

Rick Vanderwal

well, I got back from my conference,
and we've had rain, rain, rain.
I look, and all I see are white fuzzy balls, ready and waiting for the wind
to carry the dandelion seeds to prepare for next year's crop. And so I will
also wait. So, about 340 days and counting.
Sigh...
.................................................. ..........
Oh well, rhubarb's around the corner!
and so are blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, elderberries,
raspberries, pears, peaches, and.......concord grapes.
I know it's not cabs, merlots, rieslings, but when in Michigan...

Rick

Dar V

You're right. I just picked my first rhubarb from the garden. Right now it
is cut up and in the freezer, waiting until I get enough to make a batch. I
have an oregano plant which is really doing well to - so far I have two
quarts of leaves frozen to try a batch of wine in about a week or so.
Darlene
G-town, Wisconsin
USA

"Rick Vanderwal" > wrote in message
> well, I got back from my conference,
> and we've had rain, rain, rain.
> I look, and all I see are white fuzzy balls, ready and waiting for the

wind
> to carry the dandelion seeds to prepare for next year's crop. And so I

will
> also wait. So, about 340 days and counting.
> Sigh...

> .................................................. .........
> Oh well, rhubarb's around the corner!
> and so are blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, elderberries,
> raspberries, pears, peaches, and.......concord grapes.
> I know it's not cabs, merlots, rieslings, but when in Michigan...
>
> Rick

ed montforts

Sigh.........!
Had I known that before.. but first things first. I moved to the new house
I've built, on january 4th, and planted in the meadow adjacent to the
backgarden 170 Regent (red, Bordeaux-type) and 51 Léon Millot (red,
Beaujolais-type); this fall 49 Birstaler Muskat (white) will follow. That
means waiting for three years, mostly growing wood, and than growing grapes
for a year, and than making wine and maturing for a few years, and
than.......I bet you that my physician will tell me then that it's better
for me if I stop drinking!!!!! And his name isn't even Murphy. So what do I
do in the meantime? Making wine out of everything that doesn't move when I
touch it. Dandelion was on the schedule for april this year. I picked I
think a truckload of flowers, scissored frantically for over eleven hours!!!
and added a bucket full of various enzymes, acids, inverted beetsugar and so
on. I hated the wine at that moment. Never, never again. But, now, after
just a few weeks 33 liter is resting and ripening in the basement. Maybe,
next year... Now I have read this using the whole flower.......... YES!!!!
That must be it. I'll try in september (second bloom).
But first there are the elderflowers....... Almost out of parselywine you
know. Carrotport just two or three bottles left (depends on whom you
believe: my computer says three; my winecellar says two..) so I must have
something that is ready within a few months. Elderflowerwine is.
Ed

No flowers, no bees,
no leaves on the trees;
no wonder
november.

"Rob M" > schreef in bericht
om...
> AJ.
>
> What recipe do you use for the whole flower? That would be much easier to

pick.

> Rob

Rob M

In regard to these millions of recipes that I have been sent they keep
mentioning that you should peel the orange very thinly. Would that
mean you use a zester?

ed montforts

Yep! A zester or a potatoe peeler or a knife, as long as you leave the zest
(the white) alone. It is bitter, and you don't want that. Just take the
coloured part of the skin. It contains the oil you do want. And a zester is
easy to use... Good thinking. But first wash with hot water. Sometimes a wax
is used to spray oranges and lemons after picking, and spraying residue
could be present too. Remove that by washing.

Ed

"Rob M" > schreef in bericht
m...
> In regard to these millions of recipes that I have been sent they keep
> mentioning that you should peel the orange very thinly. Would that
> mean you use a zester?

A.J. Rawls

Dandelions are finally in full bloom here in Anchorage... I started
23L using one half whole blossoms and one half petals.

I will start anothe 23L using whole blossoms only this weekend.

A. J. Rawls
Anchorage, Alaska, USA

On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:33:10 +0200, "ed montforts"
> wrote:

>Yep! A zester or a potatoe peeler or a knife, as long as you leave the zest
>(the white) alone. It is bitter, and you don't want that. Just take the
>coloured part of the skin. It contains the oil you do want. And a zester is
>easy to use... Good thinking. But first wash with hot water. Sometimes a wax
>is used to spray oranges and lemons after picking, and spraying residue
>could be present too. Remove that by washing.
>
>Ed
>

>"Rob M" > schreef in bericht
om...
>> In regard to these millions of recipes that I have been sent they keep
>> mentioning that you should peel the orange very thinly. Would that
>> mean you use a zester?

A.J. Rawls

Disaster :-(

I racked into a 25L carboy, I decided at add 500ml of white grape
concentrate and grabbed the wrong bottle and poured in 500ml of Wine
Conditioner.

I guess I better start picking again... This disheartening

A.J.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:53:01 -0800, A.J. Rawls >
wrote:

>Dandelions are finally in full bloom here in Anchorage... I started
>23L using one half whole blossoms and one half petals.
>
>I will start anothe 23L using whole blossoms only this weekend.
>
>A. J. Rawls
>Anchorage, Alaska, USA
>
>On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:33:10 +0200, "ed montforts"
> wrote:
>
>>Yep! A zester or a potatoe peeler or a knife, as long as you leave the zest
>>(the white) alone. It is bitter, and you don't want that. Just take the
>>coloured part of the skin. It contains the oil you do want. And a zester is
>>easy to use... Good thinking. But first wash with hot water. Sometimes a wax
>>is used to spray oranges and lemons after picking, and spraying residue
>>could be present too. Remove that by washing.
>>
>>Ed
>>

>>"Rob M" > schreef in bericht
. com...
>>> In regard to these millions of recipes that I have been sent they keep
>>> mentioning that you should peel the orange very thinly. Would that
>>> mean you use a zester?

Dar V

Yikes. Got enough dandelions? That's a huge batch - I barely lasted
picking for a one gallon. Hang in there. This is the first year, I decided
not to make dandelion wine, but instead I made oregano wine. I'll make
dandelion wine again next year, after I see how my dandelion wine has aged.
I might make some changes in my recipe depending how it tastes.
Darlene
G'town Wisconsin
USA

"A.J. Rawls" > wrote in message
> Disaster :-(
>
> I racked into a 25L carboy, I decided at add 500ml of white grape
> concentrate and grabbed the wrong bottle and poured in 500ml of Wine
> Conditioner.
>
> I guess I better start picking again... This disheartening
>
> A.J.
>
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:53:01 -0800, A.J. Rawls >
> wrote:
>
> >Dandelions are finally in full bloom here in Anchorage... I started
> >23L using one half whole blossoms and one half petals.
> >
> >I will start anothe 23L using whole blossoms only this weekend.
> >
> >A. J. Rawls
> >Anchorage, Alaska, USA
> >
> >On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:33:10 +0200, "ed montforts"
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Yep! A zester or a potatoe peeler or a knife, as long as you leave the

zest
> >>(the white) alone. It is bitter, and you don't want that. Just take the
> >>coloured part of the skin. It contains the oil you do want. And a zester

is
> >>easy to use... Good thinking. But first wash with hot water. Sometimes a

wax
> >>is used to spray oranges and lemons after picking, and spraying residue
> >>could be present too. Remove that by washing.
> >>
> >>Ed
> >>

> >>"Rob M" > schreef in bericht
> . com...

Bob

"A.J. Rawls" > wrote in message
> Disaster :-(
>
> I racked into a 25L carboy, I decided at add 500ml of white grape
> concentrate and grabbed the wrong bottle and poured in 500ml of Wine
> Conditioner.

I hate it when that happens.
I don't know where you are, but if you are not in the USA you could try
running it through a still. Home distillation in the US is horribly illegal;
they will take away your house!!! Just my tuppence.
Bob

> I guess I better start picking again... This disheartening
>
> A.J.
>
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:53:01 -0800, A.J. Rawls >
> wrote:
>
> >Dandelions are finally in full bloom here in Anchorage... I started
> >23L using one half whole blossoms and one half petals.
> >
> >I will start anothe 23L using whole blossoms only this weekend.
> >
> >A. J. Rawls
> >Anchorage, Alaska, USA
> >
> >On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:33:10 +0200, "ed montforts"
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Yep! A zester or a potatoe peeler or a knife, as long as you leave the

zest
> >>(the white) alone. It is bitter, and you don't want that. Just take the
> >>coloured part of the skin. It contains the oil you do want. And a zester

is
> >>easy to use... Good thinking. But first wash with hot water. Sometimes a

wax
> >>is used to spray oranges and lemons after picking, and spraying residue
> >>could be present too. Remove that by washing.
> >>
> >>Ed
> >>

> >>"Rob M" > schreef in bericht
> . com...

ed montforts

DON'T THROW IT AWAY (yelling very loud!) Please! Add 500 ml of white grape
concentrate anyway. Throw half a liter out if necessary. Mature that wine,
and keep us informed. The only way for one of us to experience waht happens
when... We would all be grateful!!
Ed

"A.J. Rawls" > schreef in bericht
> Disaster :-(
>
> I racked into a 25L carboy, I decided at add 500ml of white grape
> concentrate and grabbed the wrong bottle and poured in 500ml of Wine
> Conditioner.
>
> I guess I better start picking again... This disheartening
>
> A.J.
>
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:53:01 -0800, A.J. Rawls >
> wrote:
>
> >Dandelions are finally in full bloom here in Anchorage... I started
> >23L using one half whole blossoms and one half petals.
> >
> >I will start anothe 23L using whole blossoms only this weekend.
> >
> >A. J. Rawls
> >Anchorage, Alaska, USA
> >
> >On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:33:10 +0200, "ed montforts"
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Yep! A zester or a potatoe peeler or a knife, as long as you leave the

zest
> >>(the white) alone. It is bitter, and you don't want that. Just take the
> >>coloured part of the skin. It contains the oil you do want. And a zester

is
> >>easy to use... Good thinking. But first wash with hot water. Sometimes a

wax
> >>is used to spray oranges and lemons after picking, and spraying residue
> >>could be present too. Remove that by washing.
> >>
> >>Ed
> >>

> >>"Rob M" > schreef in bericht
> . com...

A.J. Rawls

Okay.. I added 250ml of White Grape concentrate and it is still
fermenting. I will give it a few days and see if it continues to
ferment. Iwill check specific gravity and TA tomorrow and get some
baseline readings and keep a log from there. I picked 6 gallons of
blossoms yesterday.

Later,
A.J.

On Fri, 28 May 2004 18:34:54 +0200, "ed montforts"
> wrote:

>DON'T THROW IT AWAY (yelling very loud!) Please! Add 500 ml of white grape
>concentrate anyway. Throw half a liter out if necessary. Mature that wine,
>and keep us informed. The only way for one of us to experience waht happens
>when... We would all be grateful!!
>Ed
>
>"A.J. Rawls" > schreef in bericht
.. .
>> Disaster :-(
>>
>> I racked into a 25L carboy, I decided at add 500ml of white grape
>> concentrate and grabbed the wrong bottle and poured in 500ml of Wine
>> Conditioner.
>>
>> I guess I better start picking again... This disheartening
>>
>> A.J.
>>
>> On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:53:01 -0800, A.J. Rawls >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Dandelions are finally in full bloom here in Anchorage... I started
>> >23L using one half whole blossoms and one half petals.
>> >
>> >I will start anothe 23L using whole blossoms only this weekend.
>> >
>> >A. J. Rawls
>> >Anchorage, Alaska, USA

>zest

>is

>wax

>> . com...

ed montforts

Thanks in advance. You know, you're probably making a wonderful "vin des
dents de lion, as dandelion litteraly means. The audacious will receive
their reward...... Fermenting 180 liters of elderflowerwine now... Smells
great..

Dutch Ed

No flowers, no bees;
no leaves on the trees;
no wonder,
november.

"A.J. Rawls" > schreef in bericht
> Okay.. I added 250ml of White Grape concentrate and it is still
> fermenting. I will give it a few days and see if it continues to
> ferment. Iwill check specific gravity and TA tomorrow and get some
> baseline readings and keep a log from there. I picked 6 gallons of
> blossoms yesterday.
>
> Later,
> A.J.
>
> On Fri, 28 May 2004 18:34:54 +0200, "ed montforts"
> > wrote:
>
> >DON'T THROW IT AWAY (yelling very loud!) Please! Add 500 ml of white

grape
> >concentrate anyway. Throw half a liter out if necessary. Mature that

wine,
> >and keep us informed. The only way for one of us to experience waht

happens
> >when... We would all be grateful!!
> >Ed
> >
> >"A.J. Rawls" > schreef in bericht
> .. .
> >> Disaster :-(
> >>
> >> I racked into a 25L carboy, I decided at add 500ml of white grape
> >> concentrate and grabbed the wrong bottle and poured in 500ml of Wine
> >> Conditioner.
> >>
> >> I guess I better start picking again... This disheartening
> >>
> >> A.J.

the
> >zest

the

zester
> >is

Sometimes a
> >wax

residue

> >> . com...

keep

Don S

> Next year, pick and freeze and then make when you have the time.

Are there any issues with freezing dandelion petals or just throw
them in an old margarine container and into the freezer?

Don

A. J. Rawls

The batch of wine that I added the stabilizer to is still fermenting
briskly... Maybe all will work out. I started another one gallon
batch and two three gallon batches. My. Kids like Dandelion and it
takes a couple of years of aging.

I want to try Fireweed... I see Fireweed Jelly all over the place
here. I guess I need to find out how Jelly is made and develop a
recipe from there.

Anybody have a Fireweed Wine or Fireweed Jelly recipe?

Later,
A.J. Rawls
Anchorage, Alaska, USA

On Fri, 28 May 2004 06:41:19 -0500, "Dar V" > wrote:

>Yikes. Got enough dandelions? That's a huge batch - I barely lasted
>picking for a one gallon. Hang in there. This is the first year, I decided
>not to make dandelion wine, but instead I made oregano wine. I'll make
>dandelion wine again next year, after I see how my dandelion wine has aged.
>I might make some changes in my recipe depending how it tastes.
>Darlene
>G'town Wisconsin
>USA
>
>"A.J. Rawls" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Disaster :-(
>>
>> I racked into a 25L carboy, I decided at add 500ml of white grape
>> concentrate and grabbed the wrong bottle and poured in 500ml of Wine
>> Conditioner.
>>
>> I guess I better start picking again... This disheartening
>>
>> A.J.
>>
>> On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:53:01 -0800, A.J. Rawls >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Dandelions are finally in full bloom here in Anchorage... I started
>> >23L using one half whole blossoms and one half petals.
>> >
>> >I will start anothe 23L using whole blossoms only this weekend.
>> >
>> >A. J. Rawls
>> >Anchorage, Alaska, USA

>zest

>is

>wax

>> . com...

The batch that I added stabilizer to stuck at S.G. 1.010. It tastes
just fine, just too sweet. It did not fall clear at all, so I am going
to fine with Super-Kleer.

I bottled the one gallon jug of the same batch that escaped the
stabilizer today... It fell brilliantly clear and is at S.G. 0.994.

Does anyone have any ideas for making a Fireweed Blossom Table Wine?

Later,
A. J.
Anchorage, Alaska, USA

A. J. Rawls wrote:
> The batch of wine that I added the stabilizer to is still fermenting
> briskly... Maybe all will work out. I started another one gallon
> batch and two three gallon batches. My. Kids like Dandelion and it
> takes a couple of years of aging.
>
> I want to try Fireweed... I see Fireweed Jelly all over the place
> here. I guess I need to find out how Jelly is made and develop a
> recipe from there.
>
> Anybody have a Fireweed Wine or Fireweed Jelly recipe?
>
> Later,
> A.J. Rawls
> Anchorage, Alaska, USA
>

> On Fri, 28 May 2004 06:41:19 -0500, "Dar V" > wrote:
>
> >Yikes. Got enough dandelions? That's a huge batch - I barely

lasted
> >picking for a one gallon. Hang in there. This is the first year, I

decided
> >not to make dandelion wine, but instead I made oregano wine. I'll

make
> >dandelion wine again next year, after I see how my dandelion wine

has aged.
> >I might make some changes in my recipe depending how it tastes.
> >Darlene
> >G'town Wisconsin
> >USA
> >
> >"A.J. Rawls" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> Disaster :-(
> >>
> >> I racked into a 25L carboy, I decided at add 500ml of white grape
> >> concentrate and grabbed the wrong bottle and poured in 500ml of

Wine
> >> Conditioner.
> >>
> >> I guess I better start picking again... This disheartening
> >>
> >> A.J.

started

leave the
> >zest

take the

a zester
> >is

Sometimes a
> >wax

residue

> >> . com...

they keep

that

Ray Calvert

Stabilizer is intended to prevent fermentation from restarting. It is not
intended for use with ongoing fermentations. You would certainly run the
risk of sticking a ferment if you added it. There is probably nothing you
can do at this point.

Ray

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> The batch that I added stabilizer to stuck at S.G. 1.010. It tastes
> just fine, just too sweet. It did not fall clear at all, so I am going
> to fine with Super-Kleer.
>
> I bottled the one gallon jug of the same batch that escaped the
> stabilizer today... It fell brilliantly clear and is at S.G. 0.994.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas for making a Fireweed Blossom Table Wine?
>
> Later,
> A. J.
> Anchorage, Alaska, USA
>

> A. J. Rawls wrote:
>> The batch of wine that I added the stabilizer to is still fermenting
>> briskly... Maybe all will work out. I started another one gallon
>> batch and two three gallon batches. My. Kids like Dandelion and it
>> takes a couple of years of aging.
>>
>> I want to try Fireweed... I see Fireweed Jelly all over the place
>> here. I guess I need to find out how Jelly is made and develop a
>> recipe from there.
>>
>> Anybody have a Fireweed Wine or Fireweed Jelly recipe?
>>
>> Later,
>> A.J. Rawls
>> Anchorage, Alaska, USA
>>

>> On Fri, 28 May 2004 06:41:19 -0500, "Dar V" > wrote:
>>
>> >Yikes. Got enough dandelions? That's a huge batch - I barely

> lasted
>> >picking for a one gallon. Hang in there. This is the first year, I

> decided
>> >not to make dandelion wine, but instead I made oregano wine. I'll

> make
>> >dandelion wine again next year, after I see how my dandelion wine

> has aged.
>> >I might make some changes in my recipe depending how it tastes.
>> >Darlene
>> >G'town Wisconsin
>> >USA
>> >
>> >"A.J. Rawls" > wrote in message
>> .. .

> Wine

> started

> leave the
>> >zest

> take the

> a zester
>> >is

> Sometimes a
>> >wax

> residue

> they keep

> that

Bob

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> The batch that I added stabilizer to stuck at S.G. 1.010. It tastes
> just fine, just too sweet. It did not fall clear at all, so I am going
> to fine with Super-Kleer.
>
> I bottled the one gallon jug of the same batch that escaped the
> stabilizer today... It fell brilliantly clear and is at S.G. 0.994.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas for making a Fireweed Blossom Table Wine?

I read years ago that this is an absolutely HORRIBLE wine. And the
author has a stomach like a goat, or a US Marine.......

> Later,
> A. J.
> Anchorage, Alaska, USA
>

> A. J. Rawls wrote:
> > The batch of wine that I added the stabilizer to is still fermenting
> > briskly... Maybe all will work out. I started another one gallon
> > batch and two three gallon batches. My. Kids like Dandelion and it
> > takes a couple of years of aging.
> >
> > I want to try Fireweed... I see Fireweed Jelly all over the place
> > here. I guess I need to find out how Jelly is made and develop a
> > recipe from there.
> >
> > Anybody have a Fireweed Wine or Fireweed Jelly recipe?
> >
> > Later,
> > A.J. Rawls
> > Anchorage, Alaska, USA
> >

> > On Fri, 28 May 2004 06:41:19 -0500, "Dar V" > wrote:
> >
> > >Yikes. Got enough dandelions? That's a huge batch - I barely

> lasted
> > >picking for a one gallon. Hang in there. This is the first year, I

> decided
> > >not to make dandelion wine, but instead I made oregano wine. I'll

> make
> > >dandelion wine again next year, after I see how my dandelion wine

> has aged.
> > >I might make some changes in my recipe depending how it tastes.
> > >Darlene
> > >G'town Wisconsin
> > >USA
> > >
> > >"A.J. Rawls" > wrote in message
> > .. .

> Wine

> started

> leave the
> > >zest

> take the

> a zester
> > >is

> Sometimes a
> > >wax

> residue

> they keep

> that

A. J. Rawls

Dandelions are in full bloom here in Anchorage.. I picked a 5 gallon
bucket of blossoms today... Time to start the 2005 batch...
I will be more careful this year.

A.J.

Dandelion Woes... A. J. Rawls Winemaking 0 12-07-2007 03:33 AM
Dandelion Woes... A. J. Rawls Winemaking 4 05-06-2007 10:14 PM
Dandelion Woes... A. J. Rawls Winemaking 1 07-02-2006 08:02 PM
dandelion Vicki Beausoleil Diabetic 0 24-04-2005 04:30 PM
dandelion Vicki Beausoleil Diabetic 0 24-04-2005 04:30 PM