Joe Sallustio

Wait,that's not good. You do NOT want MLF in the presence of sorbate,
it's too late to go for MLF if you used sorbate in any amount. Your
wine will smell like geraniums. Lysosome encourages MLF from what I
read, not discourages it. I never use it so can't speak much to it's
benefits.

You have no activity so that is good. I would suggest you use at least
0.8 molecular for the free sulfite value at pH 3.6, it's 50 PPM. I
would chill and rack off the lees if it clears when cold, if it doesn't
counterfine, gelatin is more effective with a little shot of tannin
first as I recall, or you could use sparkleoid or isinglass.

Joe

> I also ran a chomotography to check for ML activity. There *might* be

something
> going on in that regard, as there faint spots for both malic and

lactic acids.
> I suppose I can hit it with some lysozyme, just to be sure. On the

other hand,
> there appears to be *zero* activity that I can see - no bubbles,

nothing.

> I'm open to suggestions. Lysozyme addition? Coarse filtration

followed by