Bill Loftin

Hunt wrote:
>>I'am looking for a buttery Chardonnay. My wife loves the Kendall
>>Jackson Vitners Reserve(KJ), but she mentioned that when she tried the
>>2004 bottle that it was horrible, and the rest have went along the same
>>line. I have tried to tell her that for the past few years that they
>>have really been going downhill. Suggestions?

> Talbot (made fortune in ties) and does several North & Central Coast, CA/US
> Chards that exhibit a buttery characteristic.
> Shafer Red Shoulder Ranch Chard
> Newton, both their "red label" and their "Unfiltered" are quite "big" Chards.
> As Ed points out, most of the really "big" ones will cost a bit and are not
> likely to be found at Costco, except for the Far Niente, which is still ~US$
> 40/blt.

Two of the more upscale buttery Chardonnays are Murphy Goode Reserve and Chalk
Hill anything. Chalk Hill even puts their SB through a malolactic fermentation.
(yuck)
There are a lot of cheap buttery wines too. Bogle, Fess Parker, Seven Peaks
Chateau St Jean Sonoma, Berringer Founders Reserve and Ravenswood Vintners Blend.