dkistner

Ray Calvert wrote:

> I use an apothecary type mortar and pestle. You can buy one at

oriental
> import stores for $4 to $6 and they work great. Orientals use them

to grind
> up their herbal medicines.

If you really want to treat yourself to a very, very nice tool, check
out the Thai mortar and pestles he
http://importfood.com/mortarpestle.html. At the bottom of the page
(which you'll want to read through), they have other types, too.

When I first started dreaming of making metheglins, I ordered an 8"
Thai m&p, and it is awesome...a very satisfying experience. I use it
every day for all kinds of things I never thought I'd be doing. I
actually grind flax seeds now; before it was just too much of a hassle
using a machine grinder then having to clean it.

Diane