Cwdjrx _

It was suggested to put the video up on the web. Like Tom, I would not
want to put a complete recent program up on a site for the general
public because of copyright issues-at least in the US. PBS might not be
as aggressive as movie companies, but I would not care to find out the
hard way. However this program could have easily been put up in the wmv
format to stream on the WMP player that nearly all recent computers
have, or that is free download. Since the important part of this
interview is audio, you could use a low bit rate of about 31 K
bits/second which would give a small, poor quality image, but decent
sound. The complete wmv you put up on the server probably would be under
20 MB in this case and would be viewable as streaming video that starts
nearly at once on even a good 56K dialup connection. The Windows Media
Encoder needed to generate the streaming wmv files for the web is a free
download from Microsoft. Real also has a free encoder for Real audio and
video files.

My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
from my email address. Then add . I do not
check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.