Old 16-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Michael Pronay

Default Robert Parker & Charlie Rose

There is a transcript of the interview on the Parker board:

http://fora.erobertparker.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/50464.html

M.

Old 17-02-2005, 06:05 AM
Tom S

"Michael Pronay" wrote in message
There is a transcript of the interview on the Parker board:

You miss the nuance of seeing Parker speak if you just read the transcript.
He's a pretty sharp guy, quite articulate, and passionate about fine wines.
Worth a look at the video.

Tom S

Old 17-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Michael Pronay

"Tom S" wrote:

There is a transcript of the interview on the Parker board:

You miss the nuance of seeing Parker speak if you just read the
transcript. He's a pretty sharp guy, quite articulate, and
passionate about fine wines. Worth a look at the video.

If you tell us where to get it in Europe, you're da man, man!

M.

Old 17-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Tom S

"Tom S" wrote:

There is a transcript of the interview on the Parker board:

You miss the nuance of seeing Parker speak if you just read the
transcript. He's a pretty sharp guy, quite articulate, and
passionate about fine wines. Worth a look at the video.

If you tell us where to get it in Europe, you're da man, man!

Hmm, I doubt that you'll be seeing it on the air there anytime soon - but I
could burn off a copy and mail it to Ian for you folks in Europe to pass
around. It won't be PAL, so you'd have to play it on your computer.

Tom S

Old 17-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Tom S,

"Tom S" wrote:

There is a transcript of the interview on the Parker board:

You miss the nuance of seeing Parker speak if you just read the
transcript. He's a pretty sharp guy, quite articulate, and
passionate about fine wines. Worth a look at the video.

If you tell us where to get it in Europe, you're da man, man!

Hmm, I doubt that you'll be seeing it on the air there anytime soon - but I
could burn off a copy and mail it to Ian for you folks in Europe to pass
around. It won't be PAL, so you'd have to play it on your computer.

Thanks, but in France, we use Secam! (s******).

however, with a DVD/CD player attached to the TV, I can read anything.

I'd be happy to burn off some other copies for people over here once I've
got it.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare

Old 17-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Ian Hoare

If we've GOT to post upside down.

Like NSTC but for the rest of the world except France.

Salut/Hi Richard Neidich,

le/on Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:29:00 GMT, tu disais/you said:-

OK...what is PAL?

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
Old 17-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Tom S

"Ian Hoare" wrote in message
It won't be PAL, so you'd have to play it on your computer.

Thanks, but in France, we use Secam! (s******).

Hi, Ian -

I wasn't aware of that. I've heard of Secam, but wasn't aware that it was a
video broadcast standard. Just what the world needs: yet _another_ format!
:^(

however, with a DVD/CD player attached to the TV, I can read anything.

Does "anything" include DVD-R disks? How about VCDs?

I'd be happy to burn off some other copies for people over here once I've
got it.

Excellent! Did you have any trouble reading those other DVDs I gave you?
IIRC, those were DVD-Rs.

Tom S

Old 17-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Bill Loftin

Tom S wrote:

I wasn't aware of that. I've heard of Secam, but wasn't aware that it was a
video broadcast standard. Just what the world needs: yet _another_ format!
however, with a DVD/CD player attached to the TV, I can read anything.

Does "anything" include DVD-R disks? How about VCDs?
I'd be happy to burn off some other copies for people over here once I've
got it.

Excellent! Did you have any trouble reading those other DVDs I gave you?
IIRC, those were DVD-Rs.

There was a nice bit of humor by Parker when he was talking about his 100
point grading system and admitted that it was only 50 points. He said that he
created it so Americans could understand the numbers. The 100 point scale is
what we all have in school in America.

Old 18-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Michael Pronay

Ian Hoare wrote:

I'd be happy to burn off some other copies for people over here
once I've got it.

Beautiful idea - thank you in advance!

M.
Old 18-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Tom S

Ian Hoare wrote:

I'd be happy to burn off some other copies for people over here
once I've got it.

I have rendered it to VCD. All I have to do is mail it. :^)

Tom S

Old 18-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Michael Pronay

"Tom S" wrote:

I have rendered it to VCD. All I have to do is mail it. :^)

Hmm - sorry, what's VCD? If that's audible by 5 years old PCs, than
go ahead (use the reply button to get my e-mail-adress).

Well, wait a minute, how many megs in that file?

M.
Old 18-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Michael Pronay

Michael Pronay wrote:

"Tom S" wrote:

I have rendered it to VCD. All I have to do is mail it. :^)

Ok, ok - I'm not a video/movie addict. Forgeddaboutit ...

M.