Dave W.

In article > ,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > My Dr. has yelled at me for years to quit. Now, he had nothing to do with
> > it but on February 3 of this year I just decided that enough was enough
> > and quit cold turkey after smoking for 41 years. No patches, gums,
> > patches, nothin'. Believe it or not, it wasn't really all that bad! I
> > guess that I was just ready.
> >
> > --
> > Steve

> If you think you ever need reinforcement got the silkquit meter at
> www.silkquit.org
>
> Don't let the other half see it - They will want to spend the money you've
> saved.
>
> As you can see I quit too No patches, no nothing for me it was nasty for
> about 2 weeks.
>
> Dimitri
>

> Three years, nine months, one week, two days, 23 hours, 26 minutes and 52
> seconds. 48404 cigarettes not smoked, saving $9,069.49. Life saved: 24
> weeks, 1 hour, 40 minutes.

I don't understand long term smokers who simply quit without using any
crutches. I used pills (zyban), patches, and frequent visits to the
smoking support group. My blood pressure went through the roof within a
couple of months of my quit date. That certainly wasn't because I
stopped smoking ... I think is was because I started hanging around RFC
too much! ;^)

Dave W.

Quit Date: 2/14/99
Quit Time: 6:29 AM
Time since last smoke: 6Y 0M 0W 3D 0H 49Mns

--
Living in the Ozarks
For email, edu will do.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
becomes a revolutionary act. - George Orwell, (1903-1950)