Katra

In article > ,
Dog3 > wrote:

> "Maverick" > wrote in
> :
>
> > "Dog3" > wrote in message
> > 1...
> >> wrote in
> >> ups.com:
> >>
> >> Strategy,
> >>
> >> The biggest difference between the two (that I have been able to see)
> >> is the soup bone has more meat on it. Both soup bones and beef marrow
> >> bones make excellent additions to stock or broth. OTOH, the marrow
> >> bones are safe
> >> for dogs and a lot of people buy them as treats for their pets.
> >>
> >> Michael

> > Michael, My MIL had me grill some marrow bones the last time we
> > visited. FOR THE DOGS! I love my dogs, got three of them, but I don't
> > grill/cook/marinade/stew anything for them. From my MIL's reaction, I
> > now know what a conniption-fit(sp) looks like. I finally said, "Ok,
> > I'll grill 'em."
> >
> > I buy my dogs treats but I ain't cooking for them. Period.
> >
> > Bret
> > <Hopes his wife doesn't decided to start cooking for them>

> Visiting my mother was always a pain, especially when we had 3 dogs. Mother
> made them hamburgers, pancakes etc. The 2 Scotties were diabetic (2 insulin
> shots daily). I kept telling her not to feed them but she did anyway. All
> of my pets are on strict diets and get no table food. Well, the Mutt
> (Missy) discovered how to beg from my mother and brought the bad habit home
> with her. The Scotties died several years ago about 8 months apart. We now
> have the begging Missy and the greedy cat, Hoot.
>
> Michael

I buy pre-cooked/smoked marrow bones (knobby joint ends) for my dogs...
They chew them down until they get all the smoked marrow out. ;-)

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada