Katra

In article . com>,
wrote:

> Thanks for all the responses.
>
> Well, I used the marrow bones just like I would the soup bones, boiled
> them for 4 hours for the stock, did not do anything special to extract
> the marrow, but I imagine some or all came out throught the boiling..
>
> Short story...best damn soup I've made in years!
>
> I boiled the bones with a couple of carrots and a couple celery stalks
> and an onion, then took out the solids (I like vegetables but not when
> they're all soggy) then started my white beans, added a lb of ground
> browned beef, cut up 3 small roma tomatoes and put them in for the last
> hour, salt, pepper and some celery salt.
>
> I don't know how much of a difference the marrow bones made, but I
> could swear there was a new enhanced flavor never before tasted in my
> soup
>

> STRATEGY

Sounds yummy! :-)

Did you blanch and peel the tomatoes first?
I find tomato peels to be pretty much inedible in soups?

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada