Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 09 Feb 2005 08:11:09p, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Gawd, did you visit any of the festivals? The tomato festival in
> Reynoldsburg was interesting. I met David Selby (Dark
> Shadows/Falconcrest fame) at the festival. My friend, Alissa
> Schottenstein and I went and she is friends with the Selby's. The Selbys
> were in Colombus to buy a horse from a famous horse farm in Colombus.
> Can't recall the name of it. The wife complained numerous times there
> was no SAKs in Columbus. Well, Lazarus was where I shopped. Still have
> my credit card and get a catalog now and then.
>
> 'Thanks for the memories'
>
> Michael

I 'member all that, too. Living in the Cleveland area, we often went down to
Columbus for something different than Cleveland offered. Probably before
your time there, but there used to be a Marzetti's (of the bottled salad
dressing "fame") Restaurant downtown. The Marzetti family had run it for
years. It wasn't far from Lazrus' downtown store. Their food was actually
rather good and predominantly Italian, although the place had the feeling of
a "tea room" where ladies lunch. :-)

Wayne