Martin H. Eastburn

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Clay Cahill wrote:
>

>>I think he's referring to what in some parts of the Empire is called a
>>BBQ (my experience is from Australia and New Zealand where I have
>>family and friends... not sure if the same holds true in England).
>>They differentiate clearly between grills, smokers and what they call
>>BBQ's... which are essentially gas or charcoal fired skillets.

> Since BBQ is NOT a piece of equipment, but the meat produced via a specific
> method of cooking, perhaps the Empire needs to differentiate a bit more,
> wot. :-)

Dave -

Must be a novice at the grand BBQ instrument. We cook 12 months a year on ours.
We cook all sorts of meat as you say, cook corn in the shuck, beans in a pan,
and various bread and bread like materials. Meat is 'fried' or baked.
Others are rotated. Some are speared. The best was a birthday cake when
the family oven did a nose dive some 30 years ago. The cake came out perfect.

It is simply the kitchen wood burner transformed into a propane burning cooker.

Martin [ still learning on that machine ]
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer