Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Emery Davis,

le/on Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:17:03 +0100, tu disais/you said:-

>On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:04:13 +0100, Ian Hoare > said:

>] a kilo of good Norman salted butter "de la motte".
>]

>_salted_ butter?? pshaw!

Absolutely. We're unregenerate. We'll use unsalted for most cooking
purposes, but for butter sauces and for eating, there's a long tradition of
excellence in salted butter - especially from Britanny, as you know.

>The crabs are really in now, planning on trying to get some at market tomorrow.

I was a touch disappointed with ours. The meat wasn't as "full" as it should
have been, though the flavour was wonderful.

>What camembert did you get?

An AOC Th. Réaux - Touréaux Fromagerie in the Val d'Ay.

>No, I thought your route might take you within yelling distance. We're not
>to far from Camembert (the village) in the Orne. Thought about it after, realized
>you'd probably be coming up way to the west, if you stuck to the autoroute.

Our route was Limoges - Poitiers - Niort - Nantes - Quimper. So as you said
we kept well to the West.

>Oh well, another time.

I've made a mental note where you are and it may well be possible on our way
up to the UK next time.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare