Sheldon

Grismalkin wrote:
> Our neighbor came by to borrow some foil to make these. We got the

results,
> afterwards. Yum! I'm not sure that this is her recipe, but her

husband is a
> baker at a place that makes many fine breads. Her sticky buns didn't

have
> raisins in them. I think I would just use butter for this. I don't

buy
> margarine anymore. Don't give me grief over my neighbor's sticky

buns, Sheldon!

> Sticky Buns
>

> INGREDIENTS:
> 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
> 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
> 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
> 2 eggs
> 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
> 1/2 cup margarine, softened
> 1/2 cup white sugar
> 2 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons salt
> 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
> 1/2 cup white sugar
> 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
> 1/2 cup melted butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
> 1/3 cup raisins
> 2/3 cup chopped pecans

> ------DIRECTIONS:
> Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add buttermilk,

eggs, 2
> 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup white sugar, baking powder

and salt.
> Blend 30 seconds with mixer on low speed, scraping sides and bottom

of bowl.
> Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in remaining 3 cups flour. Dough

should
> remain soft and slightly sticky. Knead for 5 minutes, or about 200

turns on a
> lightly floured board. Form dough into a round and place it in an

oiled bowl.
> Cover it with a damp cloth and leave it in a warm place to rise until

doubled.
> Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 12x7 inch rectangle.

Spread each
> half with 1 tablespoon soft margarine, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup

white sugar
> and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.

Recipe looks fine, a typical sweet dough... hint: for easier sprinkling
first blend sugar with cinnamon. And that's not nearly enough
cinnamon, I'd use a geneerous Tbs. And nuts, needs nuts... you can
forego the raisins but not the nuts... pecans are good.

Roll up halves, beginning at wide side. Seal well by
> pinching the seams. Cut each roll into 12 slices. Coat two 9 inch

round cake
> pans with 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup

chopped
> pecans in each pan. Place 12 dough
>
> bake in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for about 30

minutes.