Mark Shaw

Default Seeking recipe/method for good Italian meatballs

So, I've been making James Beard's meatballs (from _American
Cookery_) for years, but have never actually liked them all
that much. They're kind of - well, coarse and dry.

While travelling on business a month or so ago I had a HUGE
meatball on top of a plate of penne that I still remember
very fondly. It was apparently made from very finely ground
meat - probably veal and pork - and was moist and delicious
as well as delicately spiced. I want to make something like
that.

Anyone? Thanks....

--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new