Larry

Julie Bove wrote:

> Since I've been trying the ultra low carb route to get my BG down, I've
> Jonesing for some Mexican food. Tonight I hit upon a tasty combination.
> Cubes of Pepper Jack cheese dipped in Salsa. I must be getting desperate!
> Normally I don't even like Pepper Jack cheese but for some reason it sounded
> appealing.
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

My favorite home made salsa is a 'Salsa Mexican'
As a base...
Equal amounts of chopped tomatoes and spring onion (not pureed, chunked)
Pepper of your choice (mine is a Thai chili)
A bit of cilantro...
A good dash of salt to open and blend the tastes...
A bit of vinegar to make it pop (optional)

I use it with taco chips, taco fillings, in stir fries...

It has a negligible reaction on my bg, but some people might react more strongly
to the tomatoes and onions....

Larry