Julie Bove

Default Spicy snack

Since I've been trying the ultra low carb route to get my BG down, I've
Jonesing for some Mexican food. Tonight I hit upon a tasty combination.
Cubes of Pepper Jack cheese dipped in Salsa. I must be getting desperate!
Normally I don't even like Pepper Jack cheese but for some reason it sounded
appealing.

--
See my webpage:

Skinny

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 07:11:42 GMT, Julie Bove wrote:

> Since I've been trying the ultra low carb route to get my BG down, I've
> Jonesing

Hm?

> for some Mexican food. Tonight I hit upon a tasty combination.
> Cubes of Pepper Jack cheese dipped in Salsa. I must be getting desperate!
> Normally I don't even like Pepper Jack cheese but for some reason it

sounded
> appealing.

I haven't tried that, but I find gruyere or havarti (exepcially havarti with
dill) helps when I'm craving certain carbs like French bread, or pasta with
garlic, or deep-fried breaded stuff.

Skinny
Julie Bove

"Skinny" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 07:11:42 GMT, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > Since I've been trying the ultra low carb route to get my BG down, I've
> > Jonesing

> Hm?

Sorry. Slang term As in having a real craving for.

> > for some Mexican food. Tonight I hit upon a tasty combination.
> > Cubes of Pepper Jack cheese dipped in Salsa. I must be getting

desperate!
> > Normally I don't even like Pepper Jack cheese but for some reason it

> sounded
> > appealing.

> I haven't tried that, but I find gruyere or havarti (exepcially havarti

with
> dill) helps when I'm craving certain carbs like French bread, or pasta

with
> garlic, or deep-fried breaded stuff.

I've not too fond of Havarti. Too creamy for me. But I do like Gruyere
though. It's particularly good mixed with caramelized onions.

--
See my webpage:

Zamponia

Julie Bove > wrote in message
> Since I've been trying the ultra low carb route to get my BG down, I've
> Jonesing for some Mexican food. Tonight I hit upon a tasty combination.
> Cubes of Pepper Jack cheese dipped in Salsa. I must be getting desperate!
> Normally I don't even like Pepper Jack cheese but for some reason it

sounded
> appealing.
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

I tried it.
It was pretty good.

Peanutjake

Zamponia > wrote in message

> Julie Bove > wrote in message
> > Since I've been trying the ultra low carb route to get my BG down, I've
> > Jonesing for some Mexican food. Tonight I hit upon a tasty combination.
> > Cubes of Pepper Jack cheese dipped in Salsa. I must be getting

desperate!
> > Normally I don't even like Pepper Jack cheese but for some reason it

> sounded
> > appealing.
> >
> > --
> > See my webpage:
> > http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm
> >

> I tried it.
> It was pretty good.

I tried it with Jarlsberg.

It was great.
PJ

Larry

Julie Bove wrote:

> Since I've been trying the ultra low carb route to get my BG down, I've
> Jonesing for some Mexican food. Tonight I hit upon a tasty combination.
> Cubes of Pepper Jack cheese dipped in Salsa. I must be getting desperate!
> Normally I don't even like Pepper Jack cheese but for some reason it sounded
> appealing.
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

My favorite home made salsa is a 'Salsa Mexican'
As a base...
Equal amounts of chopped tomatoes and spring onion (not pureed, chunked)
Pepper of your choice (mine is a Thai chili)
A bit of cilantro...
A good dash of salt to open and blend the tastes...
A bit of vinegar to make it pop (optional)

I use it with taco chips, taco fillings, in stir fries...

It has a negligible reaction on my bg, but some people might react more strongly
to the tomatoes and onions....

Larry

Snack? Andy[_15_] General Cooking 49 01-03-2009 08:10 AM
A SNACK nancree General Cooking 0 04-07-2006 06:17 AM
ko- Nabisco Snack Well's Banana Snack Bars ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 13-11-2004 05:14 PM