Melinda

I have had it recommended to me that gongfu isn't as good to do with greens
for just that reason, that the water is too hot and it stews the leaves even
if done for a short time. Others have allowed that I might be able to do it
using cooler water and a flatter pot (to let off the heat easier I think).
When I gongfu I do oolong in my yixing and I have a very small teapot that
is glazed that I do puer in, so it's not quite traditional, but I have been
able in it to keep the steeps short and use a little more leaf which is what
I was after. Steeping puer the "normal" way doesn't make much sense to me as
I feel I have less control over the final product. There is a whole world in
oolongs though, as well as each other catagory. The possibilities are
endless...

Melinda