Top Spin

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:30:23 GMT, "Bluesea"
> wrote:

>"Top Spin" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:15:25 GMT, Michael Plant >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Red Tea
>> >One third as many grams of tea as there are ounces of water
>> >or slightly more.

>> What's a red tea? I found several refernces in the FAQ to teas that
>> have a red liquor, but no red tea.

>China black a.k.a. China Congou a.k.a. red tea.

OK, thanks

>> >Oolong Tea (assuming Gungfu)
>> >Twice as many grams of tea as there are ounces of water

>> Wow. I don't know what Gungfu is. Also not in the FAQ. But that's a
>> lot of tea -- as much as 6 times as much as most recommendations.

>Yes, it's in the FAQ although spelled as "gongfu":
>
>http://pages.ripco.net/~c4ha2na9/tea/faq.html#3.1.2.

Got it. I also found some descriptions through Google (could have done
that before ;-) ). Now I see why such a high volume of tea leaves.

It's interesting that they use boiling water but green or oolong tea.
I have seen several warnings against water that is too hot for greens
and even for oolongs. Is it the very brief infusion that keeps it from
being bitter?

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)