Top Spin

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 06:50:26 -0500, Mike Petro >
wrote:

>My general rule of thumb is 1g for every 2oz of water, but then I like
>my tea a little on the strong side. I also ONLY steep for 3 minutes to
>avoid harshness. This yields a good cup to my tastes.

From the reading I have been doing, that is a little more tea/cup than
most.

Upton recommends 2 1/4 g/cup or about 9 grams/4-cup pot (24 oz).

My local tea shop recommends anywhere from 6 to 10 grams/pot (24 oz).
The blacks are mostly 6, the oolongs mostly 7-8, the greens mostly 6,
and the herbals as much as 10.

Most sources seem to agree with your advice to keep the steeping time
constant and vary the amount of tea.

I have some experimenting to do.

Thanks

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com