Vox Humana

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Mr" > wrote in message
> > Oven has gone nuts after a power hit and I fear the Electronic control
> > module is blown.
> >
> > Where can I get some consulting prior to tossing the whole thing, as new
> > ECM costs $400? GE used to help you diagose ( for a fee) prior to
> > shipping a part but I can't that kind of help with a Kenmore.
> >

> Try www.applianceaid.com and www.repairclinic.com You can also check the
> price of the part there. If it is a Kenmore, chances are it was made by
> Frigidaire or Whirlpool. Only other way is to pay a local service guy the
> price of a call to come check it out.
>
> Sears will charge for the call no matter what. My local dealer would come
> out, give a price and either fix it at that price or not charge for the
> service call if I bought a new appliance from him. That is why I don't buy
> from the big stores.
> --

I got a new ERC for my JennAir from repairclinic.com. I wasn't 100% sure
that the ERC was the problem, so I verified that I could return the part if
it didn't solve the problem. I think that $400 would be at the top of the
scale for a new controller, so I would shop around. Replacing it was pretty
simple but it involved a lot of wires, many with the same color, so you have
to make sure to label everything very well.