Mr

Default Oven help - Kenmore

Oven has gone nuts after a power hit and I fear the Electronic control
module is blown.

Where can I get some consulting prior to tossing the whole thing, as new ECM
costs $400? GE used to help you diagose ( for a fee) prior to shipping a
part but I can't that kind of help with a Kenmore.

Issue: When selecting Bake, only the Broil unit comes on. Temperature
tracks correctly but never shuts off. The Broil unit relay is in line to
the Bake relay and supplies power to the bake relay when closed. So either
this relay is shot or whatever actuates it is fouled up. But there are
cleaning cycle latch sensors and other stuff in this loop also.

New oven is $800.....

Seems either way I'm spending $800 unless it's a minor sensor.

Suggestions? ( I have the wiring specs) Thanks.

I am trying an email to Repairclinic.com....they seem to have reasonable
parts and return policy.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mr" > wrote in message
> Oven has gone nuts after a power hit and I fear the Electronic control
> module is blown.
>
> Where can I get some consulting prior to tossing the whole thing, as new
> ECM costs $400? GE used to help you diagose ( for a fee) prior to
> shipping a part but I can't that kind of help with a Kenmore.

Try www.applianceaid.com and www.repairclinic.com You can also check the
price of the part there. If it is a Kenmore, chances are it was made by
Frigidaire or Whirlpool. Only other way is to pay a local service guy the
price of a call to come check it out.

Sears will charge for the call no matter what. My local dealer would come
out, give a price and either fix it at that price or not charge for the
service call if I bought a new appliance from him. That is why I don't buy
from the big stores.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Vox Humana

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Mr" > wrote in message
> > Oven has gone nuts after a power hit and I fear the Electronic control
> > module is blown.
> >
> > Where can I get some consulting prior to tossing the whole thing, as new
> > ECM costs $400? GE used to help you diagose ( for a fee) prior to
> > shipping a part but I can't that kind of help with a Kenmore.
> >

> Try www.applianceaid.com and www.repairclinic.com You can also check the
> price of the part there. If it is a Kenmore, chances are it was made by
> Frigidaire or Whirlpool. Only other way is to pay a local service guy the
> price of a call to come check it out.
>
> Sears will charge for the call no matter what. My local dealer would come
> out, give a price and either fix it at that price or not charge for the
> service call if I bought a new appliance from him. That is why I don't buy
> from the big stores.
> --

I got a new ERC for my JennAir from repairclinic.com. I wasn't 100% sure
that the ERC was the problem, so I verified that I could return the part if
it didn't solve the problem. I think that $400 would be at the top of the
scale for a new controller, so I would shop around. Replacing it was pretty
simple but it involved a lot of wires, many with the same color, so you have
to make sure to label everything very well.