Peter Watson

On 28/1/05 3:43 AM, in article 4T8Kd.189994$6l.13674@pd7tw2no, "eClare"
> wrote:

> "Peter Watson" > wrote in message
>

>> I was diagn. adult onset diabetic last year, I have been using a

> combo
>
> You were diagnosed within the past year and may be in the Honeymoon
> period like I was.
>
>> of fruit and vegetable juice each morning, made fresh and

> including the
>> skins ... carrot, celery, ginger, apple, pineapple and seasonal

> bits and
>> pieces. I find it effective/ What do others think and what is the
>> experience.
>>
>> Peter Watson

> My experience IS, ......... is that during the first year of my
> diagnosis of T2 diabetes, I thought I was fortunate in that I had to
> do very little other than get some exercise and somewhat watch what
> I ate in order to keep my BG readings under 7.0 (126mg/dl) I also
> lost some weight from eating healthier. I thought that this small
> change in lifestyle wasn't going to be that hard to do, right?
> WRONG! I have since found out that I was in the honeymoon period
> that is referred to now and then on the alt.support.diabetes list.
> After that first year it became harder and harder to maintain any
> reading under 10.0 (180mg/dl) let alone 7.0 (which I have since
> learned is still much too high).
> Even if I hadn't been testing regularly I would have known that
> something wasn't right because I started feeling like %$#@. and
> because I go for regular Hba1c tests I learned that my BG levels
> were rising although I was eating healthy.
> So you may think that your juicing is doing you good but I am afraid
> that it isn't going to last and you may be doing irreversible harm
> to your kidneys by not keeping in touch with your doctor.
>
> Thankfully I have received very good advice on the a.s.d list and I
> am slowly getting my BG readings back down but still need to get
> them down more and it's not easy.
> eClare

Thank for the advice... I have been diagnosed now for two years, I do not
feal like shit, I in fact am (apparently) healthy and live a very active and
full life. I should perhaps catagorise a bit, I do eat a very low carb diet,
I watch everything that I eat, I don't drink, don't smoke, swim 3 times a
week and bike ride another. I am very very careful. So I do listen and pay
attention to all that is said. What I would like to explore is 'other'
attitudes and regimes. For example there is a suggestion that T2 can
manifest as 'hysterical' diabetes, so I wonder what the importance of stress
is to diabetes. I also think that there is a place in the whole debate for
'alternative' therapies and yet one never heras about them. My research has
shown that juice has played a part in the treatment of diabetes in the past.

So perhaps I am a work in progress, I do some testing, just urine and they
are reading clear at the moment when in the past they have not.

Good luck with your health and happiness.

Peter Watson