Janet Puistonen

"Debra Fritz" > wrote in message

<snip>

> They gave the sizes - one that I looked at was 30mm x 22mm....another
> was 30mm x 20mm.....
> I looked at my ruler that's in mm, and that must be the size of the
> mold...not each piece.

No, that's the size of each cavity. 30mm is 3 centimetres, which is about 1
3/8ths inch. The second measurement would probably be the depth. Most of the
Chocolate World molds for individual chocolates come in two sizes, one with
about 24 cavities, one with about 32, depending on the size of the cavity.
(Of course, there are items of all sizes, some with only one or two cavities
per plate, and there are also double-sided molds.) If you visit the
Chocolat-Chocolat site, they give more precise information about the sizes,
including weight if filled with solid chocolate, which is a good way to
compare the overall size of each mold. They also have a larger selection.

I prefer the Chocolate World and Italian molds to the Cacao Barry, because
they are made from clear material, so it is easier to see when the
chocolates have released and are ready to unmold.