Kyle Phillips

"Johnny Mc" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Okay, I have some wild pork (chops & roast).
> It has a wild taste, but not too bad. The rest of the family does not care
> for the wild taste and I'm not crazy about it.
> Any recipes that was make it taste so good my family will fight over the
> last little bit in the pot or skillet?
>
> Help me be the HERO!!!
>
> --
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Mc
>
> To E-mail me, just cut the "CRAP"!
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you mean a pig that got loose, or boar? In any case, I'd marinate it with
juniper berries. Here's a recipe off my site, http://italianfood.about.com:

Juniper berries are traditionally used in cooking boar, hare, and other
game. Should boar not be available where you live, this will work well with
venison too. It will serve 4-6.

* A leg of boar, weighing about 3 pounds
* 1 tablespoon juniper berries
* A clove of garlic
* 1/4 pound (100 g) lardons
* A half a medium onion
* A 2-inch (5 cm) piece of carrot
* A 2-inch (5 cm) stalk of celery
* A bunch of parsley
* A bay leaf
* Good red wine
* 1/2 cup (50 g) melted butter
* 1/3 cup ( 80 ml) broth
* Salt and pepper to taste

If you buy fresh boar, make sure that the animal was young. If it wasn't,
marinate the meat for three days with a full bodied red wine. If you instead
buy frozen meat, you will only need to thaw it.

Come cooking time, lardon the meat and preheat your oven to 430 F (215 C).

Grind together a clove of garlic, the juniper berries, a couple of grains of
pepper, and a pinch of salt; rub the meat with this mixture and set it in a
casserole. Sprinkle the meat with the melted butter, crumble the laurel leaf
over it, and pop it into the oven.

Roast the meat for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, mince and sauté the onion, celery,
parsley, and carrot in a tablespoon of butter, then stir in the broth and
heat through. Add the herbs to the meat, sprinkle it with the wine, reduce
the temperature to 390 F (195 C), and continue roasting for another 2 hours,
turning the meat occasionally and basting it frequently with the drippings.

When the meat is done remove it to a serving platter. Reduce the drippings
over a brisk flame, pour them over the meat, and serve. This goes well with
roast potatoes.

Kyle
(fix the email per the instructions it contains to reply directly)