Robert La Ferla

Ed wrote:
> Is there any good reason to use "China Bowl select authentic chinese
> noodles" sold by Roche Bothers at $2.89 for 10 oz. rather than the
> noodles that come in the Ramen noodle soups at about $.30 for 3 ounces
> and sold by most everyone? I can't tell the difference between them,
> is there any?

Others have already pointed out that the dry ones are fried. I assume
the other ones are the fresh noodles in a bag. Super 88, Yoshinoya,
Kotobukiya, etc... all sell them. I think they are a little better (if
not healthier) than the dried ones but they get their yellow color from
artificial food coloring. Better ramen noodles have egg yolks. You can
make them at home if you have a pasta machine. They are not only easy
to make (read fast) but delicious and wholesome.