Janet Puistonen

Debra Fritz wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:15:51 GMT, "Janet Puistonen"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Debra Fritz" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:30:26 GMT, "Janet Puistonen"

>> I can readily imagine that they are superior to liquid extracts and
>> liquid "flavorings," but how can they taste more "real" than real
>> fruit? (Stronger, certainly, if that's what you're after...)
>>

> Yes, actualy...I am after a stronger flavor. The last time I did
> truffles, I used reduced fruit puree...By the time I got the flavor
> level I wanted, I had compromised the consistency of the ganache. It
> was usable, but not as firm as I wanted.

Debra, I make raspberry-ganache filled chocolates rather than raspberry
truffles for that very reason. The raspberry ganache is just too soft to use
otherwise.

--
Janet

Dear Artemesia! Poetry's a Sna/Bedlam has many Mansions:have a
ca/ Your Muse diverts you, makes the Reader sad:/ You think your
self inspir'd; He thinks you mad.