Julie Bove

,
> "Alan" > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:03:48 +1100, Peter Watson
> > > wrote:
> >
> > |I was diagn. adult onset diabetic last year, I have been using a combo
> > |of fruit and vegetable juice each morning, made fresh and including the
> > |skins ... carrot, celery, ginger, apple, pineapple and seasonal bits

and
> > |pieces. I find it effective/ What do others think and what is the
> > |experience.
> > |
> > |Peter Watson
> >
> > Hi Peter
> >
> > I presume by adult onset you mean type 2.
> >
> > What do you mean by "effective"?
> >
> > It would effectively spike me over 10 (180) at around an hour after I
> > drank it. I found that all juices spike me - morning, noon or night.
> > Additionally you lose a lot of fibre when you juice.
> >
> > What are your Bgs like an hour after breakfast? Are you on diet and
> > exercise only, or are you using medication and/or insulin?
> >

> > Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
> > Remove weight and carbs to email.

> Yes, adult onset I think does mean type 2.
>
> It makes me feel great.
>
> There is NO proof that fibre is lost, the fire is in the juice, just not

as
> much as the whole fruit.
>
> This may come as some sort of shock, but I do not do all the testing and

so
> forth, I stay on a diet and get lots of exercise. No medication. Since the
> initial diagnosis, I have had no further contact with any doctor. I found
> out as much as I could and elected to make changes in my life.

Not good! Not good at all! Any changes you have made may be moot because
you are not in contact with your Dr. and you do not test your BG. You could
be getting diabetic complications right now and you wouldn't even know it.
Also, fiber does not stay in the juice. Certainly there is proof! Have you
ever read a nutritional label. And juice isn't as filling as the whole
fruit.

--
See my webpage: