Peter Watson

On 20/1/05 12:14 AM, in article ,
"Alan" > wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:03:48 +1100, Peter Watson
> > wrote:
>
> |I was diagn. adult onset diabetic last year, I have been using a combo
> |of fruit and vegetable juice each morning, made fresh and including the
> |skins ... carrot, celery, ginger, apple, pineapple and seasonal bits and
> |pieces. I find it effective/ What do others think and what is the
> |experience.
> |
> |Peter Watson
>
> Hi Peter
>
> I presume by adult onset you mean type 2.
>
> What do you mean by "effective"?
>
> It would effectively spike me over 10 (180) at around an hour after I
> drank it. I found that all juices spike me - morning, noon or night.
> Additionally you lose a lot of fibre when you juice.
>
> What are your Bgs like an hour after breakfast? Are you on diet and
> exercise only, or are you using medication and/or insulin?
>

> Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
> Remove weight and carbs to email.

Yes, adult onset I think does mean type 2.

It makes me feel great.

There is NO proof that fibre is lost, the fire is in the juice, just not as
much as the whole fruit.

This may come as some sort of shock, but I do not do all the testing and so
forth, I stay on a diet and get lots of exercise. No medication. Since the
initial diagnosis, I have had no further contact with any doctor. I found
out as much as I could and elected to make changes in my life.

Peter Watson