Judi Mae Phelps

On 17 Jan 2005 10:05:17 -0800, "bumblebee4451"
> wrote:

>I have a Wolfgang puck pannini grill and he shows it making steaks.
>They look excellent but I have not tried it yet. Its very much like
>the Villawear version.
>
>Anyone tried it?
>
>Of course you can charcoal grill or cook in a cast iron skillet but
>that was not the question. The pannini will give the lovely brown
>stripes and willl let the fat drip away and will quickly cook on both
>sides. I just may try mine tonight with a nice strip steak. And the
>pannini grill can also be used for making panninis of course!!!

bumblebee,

I too have a Wolfgang Puck pannini grill and it really does a good job
on steaks as well as hamburgers. Since moving east and going from a
house to an apartment, I do not have the luxury of grilling any more.
I have used strip steaks, T-bone, and filet mignons -- they all have
come out really good. The Puck pannini grill cooks faster than the
George Foreman, is much easier to clean -- the grill plates come out
and you can clean it manually or put it in the dishwasher. However, I
would not recommend doing this to preserve the nonstick finish.

I have not made panninis with mine, but it did a good job of a grilled
cheese sandwich, and French toast.

Judi