jem

> In rec.food.cooking, jem > wrote:
>

>>know, nobody pays retail) wat $582, but with free shipping and a $25
>>discount I got it all for $104 and I'm very happy.

> Wow. What all did you get?
>

> I know I'll get many
>
>>years of use out of it.

> Yeah. You'll be able to pass it down to the grandkids.
>
> I got a bunch of the discontinued Calphalon stuff too, and so far, I'm
> pretty happy with it. The sizes of some of them are a bit strange, which
> is why I was asking about this particular piece. It looks like a
> cut-down stewpot or a flat-bottomed aluminum dutch oven. But it seems
> handy for the stuff that people mentioned elsewhere in the thread. $40
> for something that will work well for decades is amazingly cheap.
>
> I got a 10 or 12 inch "Everyday" pan from the series, and it works well
> for searing and finishing stuff in the oven. I like how the pans are very
> simple - just a machined chunk of aluminum with stainless handles.

I got the Simply Calphalon 5-qt non-stick chili pot. The rest of the
stuff was the better hard-anodized 'commercial' Calphalon including two
2.5 qt saucepans, 1 9-inch chef's skillet, and a 12-inch everyday pan.
All with lids. Also I ordered a cheesecake pan, so the Calphalon was
actually more like $95. I think the Simply Calphalon has a ten-year
warranty, while the other stuff has lifetime. :-)