Jessica V.

George wrote:

> JimLane wrote:
>
>> Siobhan Perricone wrote:
>>

>>> In a lot of states it's illegal to mail order liquor because it's
>>> transporting booze across state lines.

>> More often than not, states with official package stores do not like
>> the loss of revenue when it comes from outside and not through their
>> stores.
>>

>> jim
>>

> Yes, there are only 2 of those states left and I am in one of them (PA).

Maine finally closed the state run liquor stores two years ago. Still
can't have booze shipped into the state and there are limits on what one
can bring in from NH where alcohol taxes are MUCH lower. The state
police used to sit in the parking lot of the Portsmouth, NH liquor store
and follow and pull over Mainers who'd purchased more than their
allotment as soon as they crossed the state line. The usual punishment
was simply confiscation. It'd pop up in the news when some couple got
busted buying champage for a wedding.

Jessica