In rec.food.cooking, jem > wrote:

> know, nobody pays retail) wat $582, but with free shipping and a $25
> discount I got it all for $104 and I'm very happy.

Wow. What all did you get?

I know I'll get many
> years of use out of it.

Yeah. You'll be able to pass it down to the grandkids.

I got a bunch of the discontinued Calphalon stuff too, and so far, I'm
pretty happy with it. The sizes of some of them are a bit strange, which
is why I was asking about this particular piece. It looks like a
cut-down stewpot or a flat-bottomed aluminum dutch oven. But it seems
handy for the stuff that people mentioned elsewhere in the thread. $40
for something that will work well for decades is amazingly cheap.

I got a 10 or 12 inch "Everyday" pan from the series, and it works well
for searing and finishing stuff in the oven. I like how the pans are very
simple - just a machined chunk of aluminum with stainless handles.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,