Janet Puistonen

Default powder flavorings

"Debra Fritz" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone used powdered flavoring to make truffles or other flavored
> chocolate's?
>
> I bought some flavoring powders from a local place ( Southern
> California). They contain: flavor- depending on which one you choose,
> dextrose and silicate.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Debra

I use real fruit purees, liqueurs, a few citrus oils, and for some flavors
infuse the cream with spices. (Not all at once, I hasten to add! <G>) I'm
trying to imagine if the flavors you describe would dissolve in cream, and
if they would taste "real." I tend to doubt it....although I have seen
powdered vanilla, which some people think is excellent (I haven't tried
it.).

What flavors are they?