HUTCHNDI

Default Starter not sour

Hello, new to this. I originally had a starter made from commericial yeast
that I used for making a few loaves of bread, worked ok, but wanted to try
making a natural one. Made a new starter from rye flour and water, in a few
days it got bubbling, but no smell. I have been removing half and feeding
twice a day, 3/4 cup water and 1 cup king arthur unbleached all purpose
flour, and it seams active, but still no sour smell. Almost a week now. My
old commercial yeast starter at least had a sour smell to it. (i used that
all to get rid of it). Did I catch an unsour yeast or what?