Skinny

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 04:57:05 GMT, Mister Fixit wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:09:40 -0500, Gunther Anderson
> > wrote:

/snip/

> >And one other thing: a number of people I know prefer gin for soaking
> >things instead of vodka, so consider other alcohols if you're feeling
> >adventurous.
> >

> My ouzo cherries had mixed results, if they liked Ouzo they loved the
> cherries, if not, not.
>
> Captain Morgan cherries are the most popular with my friends, but we
> all like the Captain. Use a flavor of drink that you already enjoy.

Since I'm on a diabetic diet (low-carb), my interest is to try to ferment
some of the 'sugar' in the fruit, while keeping the fruit's natural taste
and texture. Adding alcohol is ok, as it's less of a problem than 'sugar'.

Any ideas on that? Can it be done by using wine or rum or such as a starter?

Skinny