RsH

There are at least two different types of this stuff on the market.
Cheap and not.

In the NOT group is a gray silicone loaf pan that has ribbed
reinforcements around the outside of the loaf pan to serve as
stiffener and reinforcement that they claim will not collapse with
batter inside.

In the cheap group are the red and blue and gray stuff with NO
reinforcement molded in, that manages to bow out as you pour batter
in, and expands sideways as the bread dough rises so that you end up
with an oval bread.

To date I have not seen a report on what happens when the inevitable
press of yeast expansion of dough occurs in one of those more
expensive rib reinforced loaf pans, so I do NOT know if it is worth it
or works.

Has anyone tried one of the latest generation of these blasted things
to see if they are any better than the original type?

RsH

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 18:08:23 -0800, "Dusty"
> wrote:

>"Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
>> Ah yeah, bright colors will attract someone dumber than yourself to buy
>> stuff off you that you wish you'd never bought.

>Oh drat! And here I thought I'd get some as it should be easier to stash
>somewhere in the RV.
>
>Saw it on TV, but folks talking about handling it BEFORE it was baked sure
>convinced me that this might not be the best course of action.
>
>Thank you all...
>

>Dusty

R.S. (Bob) Heuman - Toronto, ON, Canada
Independent Computer Security Consulting
Web Site Auditing for Compliance with Standards
> or >
Copyright retained.
My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!