bbq

BOB wrote:
> bbq wrote:
>
>>Jack Curry wrote:
>>
>>>Too hard to maintain low temps. Hot smoking is no problem at all,
>>>but trying to keep 90 degrees on a Kamado, ECB, WSM...not too
>>>easy.

>>I have done cheese on the WSM maintaining about 80°. It was only
>>for about 60-90 minutes though. Definitely a cool weather cook. I have
>>seen some homemade contraption(virtualweberbullet maybe)

> Kamado forum maybe:
> http://www.kamado.com/discus/message...tml?1001206282
>

>>where you have a seperate pit for the coals/wood and using tubing
>>of some kind from the heat source to the pit where what your
>>smoking is. So it can be done, just gotta be a little more
>>observant of the temps.

Checked out the kamado forum link, and that is a great link for those
wanting to do some cold smoking. Even saw a post from Harry who kinda
mentions the same thing as you. Buy smoked cheese or do without. Not
worth the effort.

> I've smoked cheese on my K5. It was in the 40's outside, and added one
> glowing "K" Extruded Coconut Lump along with a chunk of hickory. The
> cheese was on the upper grill, the "fire" was in the Lumpsaver+ with a pan
> of ice on the main grill. I didn't really watch the dome temperature
> since I couldn't pre-heat the ceramic. It turned out pretty good (I used
> most of it for Christmas presents) if I can believe what everyone said
> They're begging me to do more.
>

>>Or you could say the hell with FL and the hurricanes and move
>>north and when it is 20 below, say ah nice 'cold smoking' weather !

> I'd rather buy smoked cheese or do without than ever see snow again...
> ;-)

Snow is not THAT bad to me. Snow, like everything else though, is best
when in moderation. The 10 inch or more storms, yea that gets to be a
problem.

BBQ