BOB

Michael wrote:
> It's raining and I have to go to the big city so I thought I'd
> stop at B-B-Ques Galore to buy the stuff to modify an El Cheapo
> Brinkmann but, I lost the great link. I think it's somewhere in
> the bowels of the 80 gig HD, but with out the name I can't even
> search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Michael

http://www.randyq.addr.com/ecb/ecbmods.html

Graeme...in London

"Michael" > wrote in message
> It's raining and I have to go to the big city so I thought I'd stop at
> B-B-Ques Galore to buy the stuff to modify an El Cheapo Brinkmann but, I
> lost the great link. I think it's somewhere in the bowels of the 80 gig

HD,
> but with out the name I can't even search. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Michael

Michael, as it so happens, I have just printed out the mods as I gave a
friend an ECB for Christmas.

I hope this is the link you require.

http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/7.html#7.2

Graeme

Duwop

"Graeme...in London" > wrote in message

> Michael, as it so happens, I have just printed out the mods as I gave a
> friend an ECB for Christmas.
>
> I hope this is the link you require.
>
> http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/7.html#7.2
>
> Graeme

What a nice present, a give that keeps on giving. I bet this is in reward
for the apreciation he's shown at some meals at your home as well.

Happy New Years

BOB

Graeme...in London wrote:
> "Michael" wrote...
>> It's raining and I have to go to the big city so I thought I'd
>> stop at B-B-Ques Galore to buy the stuff to modify an El Cheapo
>> Brinkmann but, I lost the great link. I think it's somewhere in
>> the bowels of the 80 gig HD, but with out the name I can't even
>> search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Michael

> Michael, as it so happens, I have just printed out the mods as I
> gave a friend an ECB for Christmas.
>
> I hope this is the link you require.
>
> http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/7.html#7.2
>
> Graeme

Ha! I beat you by 2 min! With these 2 similar but slightly different
links, Michael should have that ECB up and running very well soon. Then
we'll have to send him to Matthew for the ECBx2.

BOB

Graeme...in London

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Graeme...in London wrote:
> > "Michael" wrote...
> >> It's raining and I have to go to the big city so I thought I'd
> >> stop at B-B-Ques Galore to buy the stuff to modify an El Cheapo
> >> Brinkmann but, I lost the great link. I think it's somewhere in
> >> the bowels of the 80 gig HD, but with out the name I can't even
> >> search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Michael

> > Michael, as it so happens, I have just printed out the mods as I
> > gave a friend an ECB for Christmas.
> >
> > I hope this is the link you require.
> >
> > http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/7.html#7.2
> >
> > Graeme

> Ha! I beat you by 2 min! With these 2 similar but slightly different
> links, Michael should have that ECB up and running very well soon. Then
> we'll have to send him to Matthew for the ECBx2.
>
> BOB

Sorry, BOB. We have a stewards enquiry. The original question was posted on
my newsreader at 17:11 GMT and your answer showed up at 17:10 GMT,
therefore, according to IOC rules, instant disqualification for a false
start.

Keep taking the nandrolone <g>

Graeme

Graeme...in London

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Graeme...in London wrote:
> > "Michael" wrote...
> >> It's raining and I have to go to the big city so I thought I'd
> >> stop at B-B-Ques Galore to buy the stuff to modify an El Cheapo
> >> Brinkmann but, I lost the great link. I think it's somewhere in
> >> the bowels of the 80 gig HD, but with out the name I can't even
> >> search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Michael

> > Michael, as it so happens, I have just printed out the mods as I
> > gave a friend an ECB for Christmas.
> >
> > I hope this is the link you require.
> >
> > http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/7.html#7.2
> >
> > Graeme

> Ha! I beat you by 2 min! With these 2 similar but slightly different
> links, Michael should have that ECB up and running very well soon. Then
> we'll have to send him to Matthew for the ECBx2.
>
> BOB

Sorry, BOB. We have a stewards enquiry. The original question was posted on
my newsreader at 17:11 GMT and your answer showed up at 17:10 GMT,
therefore, according to IOC rules, instant disqualification for a false
start.

Keep taking the nandrolone <g>

Graeme

Graeme...in London

"Duwop" > wrote in message
> "Graeme...in London" > wrote in message
> > >

> > Michael, as it so happens, I have just printed out the mods as I gave a
> > friend an ECB for Christmas.
> >
> > I hope this is the link you require.
> >
> > http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/7.html#7.2
> >
> > Graeme
> >

> What a nice present, a give that keeps on giving. I bet this is in reward
> for the apreciation he's shown at some meals at your home as well.
>
> Happy New Years

And a Happy Hogmanay to you too, Dale. If the truth be known, the ECB was a
thank you present to my friend, Joe, who in the last 4 years has probably
supplied me with over 500lbs of wild trout and salmon. My freezers are
stuffed to overflowing and I knew that a proper smoker would be appreciated.

He's been smoking his fish in a wee tin smoker that uses meths as fuel.

Graeme

BOB

Graeme...in London wrote:
> " BOB"wrote...
>> Graeme...in London wrote:
>>> "Michael" wrote...

>>> Michael, as it so happens, I have just printed out the mods as I
>>> gave a friend an ECB for Christmas.
>>>
>>> I hope this is the link you require.
>>>
>>> http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/7.html#7.2
>>>
>>> Graeme

>> Ha! I beat you by 2 min! With these 2 similar but slightly
>> different links, Michael should have that ECB up and running very
>> well soon. Then we'll have to send him to Matthew for the ECBx2.
>>
>> BOB
>>

> Sorry, BOB. We have a stewards enquiry. The original question was
> posted on my newsreader at 17:11 GMT and your answer showed up at
> 17:10 GMT, therefore, according to IOC rules, instant
> disqualification for a false start.
>
> Keep taking the nandrolone <g>
>
> Graeme

I concede. I never looked at the time of Michael's original post, but on
review of the facts as seen on *this* side of the big Pond, it does seem
as if I made my reply 1 minute before the question was asked.

BOB
maybe I should look into Lotto© numbers...

BOB

Graeme...in London wrote:
> " BOB"wrote...
>> Graeme...in London wrote:
>>> "Michael" wrote...

>>> Michael, as it so happens, I have just printed out the mods as I
>>> gave a friend an ECB for Christmas.
>>>
>>> I hope this is the link you require.
>>>
>>> http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/7.html#7.2
>>>
>>> Graeme

>> Ha! I beat you by 2 min! With these 2 similar but slightly
>> different links, Michael should have that ECB up and running very
>> well soon. Then we'll have to send him to Matthew for the ECBx2.
>>
>> BOB
>>

> Sorry, BOB. We have a stewards enquiry. The original question was
> posted on my newsreader at 17:11 GMT and your answer showed up at
> 17:10 GMT, therefore, according to IOC rules, instant
> disqualification for a false start.
>
> Keep taking the nandrolone <g>
>
> Graeme

I concede. I never looked at the time of Michael's original post, but on
review of the facts as seen on *this* side of the big Pond, it does seem
as if I made my reply 1 minute before the question was asked.

BOB
maybe I should look into Lotto© numbers...

Duwop

"Graeme...in London" > wrote in message

> "Duwop" > wrote in message
> > >

> > What a nice present, a give that keeps on giving. I bet this is in

reward
> > for the apreciation he's shown at some meals at your home as well.
> >

> And a Happy Hogmanay to you too, Dale. If the truth be known, the ECB was

> thank you present to my friend, Joe, who in the last 4 years has probably
> supplied me with over 500lbs of wild trout and salmon. My freezers are
> stuffed to overflowing and I knew that a proper smoker would be

appreciated.

> He's been smoking his fish in a wee tin smoker that uses meths as fuel.
>
> Graeme

LOL, over 500lbs of WILD trout and salmon and he gets an ECB? You ARE a
Scot, arent you?

I'm teasing, it's a nice gift.

You really think an ECB can smoke rather than BBQ? I've used a little smoker
box that looks like an icebox with a hotplate that smokes fish and fowl real
nice, I'd never thought to try the same on my BBQ, too difficult to keep the
very low temps so long.
I suspect you're gonna end up teaching him to 'Q Graeme. And that's not a
bad thing.

Dale

Duwop

"Graeme...in London" > wrote in message

> "Duwop" > wrote in message
> > >

> > What a nice present, a give that keeps on giving. I bet this is in

reward
> > for the apreciation he's shown at some meals at your home as well.
> >

> And a Happy Hogmanay to you too, Dale. If the truth be known, the ECB was

> thank you present to my friend, Joe, who in the last 4 years has probably
> supplied me with over 500lbs of wild trout and salmon. My freezers are
> stuffed to overflowing and I knew that a proper smoker would be

appreciated.

> He's been smoking his fish in a wee tin smoker that uses meths as fuel.
>
> Graeme

LOL, over 500lbs of WILD trout and salmon and he gets an ECB? You ARE a
Scot, arent you?

I'm teasing, it's a nice gift.

You really think an ECB can smoke rather than BBQ? I've used a little smoker
box that looks like an icebox with a hotplate that smokes fish and fowl real
nice, I'd never thought to try the same on my BBQ, too difficult to keep the
very low temps so long.
I suspect you're gonna end up teaching him to 'Q Graeme. And that's not a
bad thing.

Dale

Jack Curry

Duwop wrote:
> "Graeme...in London" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Duwop" > wrote in message
>>>>
>>> What a nice present, a give that keeps on giving. I bet this is in
>>> reward for the apreciation he's shown at some meals at your home as
>>> well.
>>>

>> And a Happy Hogmanay to you too, Dale. If the truth be known, the
>> ECB was a thank you present to my friend, Joe, who in the last 4
>> years has probably supplied me with over 500lbs of wild trout and
>> salmon. My freezers are stuffed to overflowing and I knew that a
>> proper smoker would be appreciated.
>>
>> He's been smoking his fish in a wee tin smoker that uses meths as
>> fuel.
>>
>> Graeme
>>

> LOL, over 500lbs of WILD trout and salmon and he gets an ECB? You ARE
> a Scot, arent you?
>
> I'm teasing, it's a nice gift.
>
> You really think an ECB can smoke rather than BBQ? I've used a little
> smoker box that looks like an icebox with a hotplate that smokes fish
> and fowl real nice, I'd never thought to try the same on my BBQ, too
> difficult to keep the very low temps so long.
> I suspect you're gonna end up teaching him to 'Q Graeme. And that's
> not a bad thing.
>
> Dale

Dale,

Years and years ago, I had one of those Pop Geer things (little icebox with
hot plate). I didn't have a clue that it was for cold smoking and so I soon
HATED it. Tossed it out in the street. Now I'm sorry and wish I had it to
play with for cold smoking fish and cheese. You're right, IMO, inasmuch as
just about any of the smokers most of us use aren't suitable for cold
smoking. Too hard to maintain low temps. Hot smoking is no problem at all,
but trying to keep 90 degrees on a Kamado, ECB, WSM...not too easy.

Now Kent will say some really stupid shit about smoking and cooking or
whatever.

Jack Curry

Jack Curry

Duwop wrote:
> "Graeme...in London" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Duwop" > wrote in message
>>>>
>>> What a nice present, a give that keeps on giving. I bet this is in
>>> reward for the apreciation he's shown at some meals at your home as
>>> well.
>>>

>> And a Happy Hogmanay to you too, Dale. If the truth be known, the
>> ECB was a thank you present to my friend, Joe, who in the last 4
>> years has probably supplied me with over 500lbs of wild trout and
>> salmon. My freezers are stuffed to overflowing and I knew that a
>> proper smoker would be appreciated.
>>
>> He's been smoking his fish in a wee tin smoker that uses meths as
>> fuel.
>>
>> Graeme
>>

> LOL, over 500lbs of WILD trout and salmon and he gets an ECB? You ARE
> a Scot, arent you?
>
> I'm teasing, it's a nice gift.
>
> You really think an ECB can smoke rather than BBQ? I've used a little
> smoker box that looks like an icebox with a hotplate that smokes fish
> and fowl real nice, I'd never thought to try the same on my BBQ, too
> difficult to keep the very low temps so long.
> I suspect you're gonna end up teaching him to 'Q Graeme. And that's
> not a bad thing.
>
> Dale

Dale,

Years and years ago, I had one of those Pop Geer things (little icebox with
hot plate). I didn't have a clue that it was for cold smoking and so I soon
HATED it. Tossed it out in the street. Now I'm sorry and wish I had it to
play with for cold smoking fish and cheese. You're right, IMO, inasmuch as
just about any of the smokers most of us use aren't suitable for cold
smoking. Too hard to maintain low temps. Hot smoking is no problem at all,
but trying to keep 90 degrees on a Kamado, ECB, WSM...not too easy.

Now Kent will say some really stupid shit about smoking and cooking or
whatever.

Jack Curry

bbq

Jack Curry wrote:
> Too hard to maintain low temps. Hot smoking is no problem at all,
> but trying to keep 90 degrees on a Kamado, ECB, WSM...not too easy.

I have done cheese on the WSM maintaining about 80°. It was only for
about 60-90 minutes though. Definitely a cool weather cook. I have
seen some homemade contraption(virtualweberbullet maybe) where you have
a seperate pit for the coals/wood and using tubing of some kind from the
heat source to the pit where what your smoking is. So it can be done,
just gotta be a little more observant of the temps.

Or you could say the hell with FL and the hurricanes and move north and
when it is 20 below, say ah nice 'cold smoking' weather !

BBQ

bbq

Jack Curry wrote:
> Too hard to maintain low temps. Hot smoking is no problem at all,
> but trying to keep 90 degrees on a Kamado, ECB, WSM...not too easy.

I have done cheese on the WSM maintaining about 80°. It was only for
about 60-90 minutes though. Definitely a cool weather cook. I have
seen some homemade contraption(virtualweberbullet maybe) where you have
a seperate pit for the coals/wood and using tubing of some kind from the
heat source to the pit where what your smoking is. So it can be done,
just gotta be a little more observant of the temps.

Or you could say the hell with FL and the hurricanes and move north and
when it is 20 below, say ah nice 'cold smoking' weather !

BBQ
BOB

bbq wrote:
> Jack Curry wrote:
>> Too hard to maintain low temps. Hot smoking is no problem at all,
>> but trying to keep 90 degrees on a Kamado, ECB, WSM...not too
>> easy.

> I have done cheese on the WSM maintaining about 80°. It was only
> for about 60-90 minutes though. Definitely a cool weather cook. I have
> seen some homemade contraption(virtualweberbullet maybe)

Kamado forum maybe:
http://www.kamado.com/discus/message...tml?1001206282

> where you have a seperate pit for the coals/wood and using tubing
> of some kind from the heat source to the pit where what your
> smoking is. So it can be done, just gotta be a little more
> observant of the temps.

I've smoked cheese on my K5. It was in the 40's outside, and added one
glowing "K" Extruded Coconut Lump along with a chunk of hickory. The
cheese was on the upper grill, the "fire" was in the Lumpsaver+ with a pan
of ice on the main grill. I didn't really watch the dome temperature
since I couldn't pre-heat the ceramic. It turned out pretty good (I used
most of it for Christmas presents) if I can believe what everyone said
They're begging me to do more.

> Or you could say the hell with FL and the hurricanes and move
> north and when it is 20 below, say ah nice 'cold smoking' weather !

I'd rather buy smoked cheese or do without than ever see snow again...
;-)

> BBQ

BOB

"Graeme...in London" > wrote:
> " BOB" > wrote in message
> []
> > Ha! I beat you by 2 min![]
> >

> Sorry, BOB. We have a stewards enquiry. The original question was posted
> on my newsreader at 17:11 GMT and your answer showed up at 17:10 GMT,
> therefore, according to IOC rules, instant disqualification for a false
> start.
>
> Keep taking the nandrolone <g>

Graeme, I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying ! ! !

Happy New Year, ya weedgy Scot-brit basturt!

Go Hibs! Slainte mohr.

--
Nick. To find out more about helping with tsunami relief, go to the web
site of the Center for International Disaster Information
Michael

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Graeme...in London wrote:

> >> Ha! I beat you by 2 min! With these 2 similar but slightly
> >> different links, Michael should have that ECB up and running very
> >> well soon. Then we'll have to send him to Matthew for the ECBx2.
> >>
> >> BOB
> >>

> > Sorry, BOB. We have a stewards enquiry. The original question was
> > posted on my newsreader at 17:11 GMT and your answer showed up at
> > 17:10 GMT, therefore, according to IOC rules, instant
> > disqualification for a false start.
> >
> > Keep taking the nandrolone <g>
> >
> > Graeme

> I concede. I never looked at the time of Michael's original post, but on
> review of the facts as seen on *this* side of the big Pond, it does seem
> as if I made my reply 1 minute before the question was asked.
>
> BOB
> maybe I should look into Lotto© numbers...

You guys were both as fast as greased lightning. The links were just what I
was looking for. Thank you.
And by virtue of being the OP I'm entitled to 50% of all Lotto winnings.

Thank you again,
Michael

"Michael" > wrote:
> []
> And by virtue of being the OP I'm entitled to 50% of all Lotto winnings.

I hear that half of Graeme's 2 pence is already in the mail.

--
Nick. To find out more about helping with tsunami relief, go to the web
site of the Center for International Disaster Information
http://www.cidi.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops! You are not forgotten. Thanks.
bbq

BOB wrote:
> bbq wrote:
>
>>Jack Curry wrote:
>>
>>>Too hard to maintain low temps. Hot smoking is no problem at all,
>>>but trying to keep 90 degrees on a Kamado, ECB, WSM...not too
>>>easy.

>>I have done cheese on the WSM maintaining about 80°. It was only
>>for about 60-90 minutes though. Definitely a cool weather cook. I have
>>seen some homemade contraption(virtualweberbullet maybe)

> Kamado forum maybe:
> http://www.kamado.com/discus/message...tml?1001206282
>

>>where you have a seperate pit for the coals/wood and using tubing
>>of some kind from the heat source to the pit where what your
>>smoking is. So it can be done, just gotta be a little more
>>observant of the temps.

Checked out the kamado forum link, and that is a great link for those
wanting to do some cold smoking. Even saw a post from Harry who kinda
mentions the same thing as you. Buy smoked cheese or do without. Not
worth the effort.

> I've smoked cheese on my K5. It was in the 40's outside, and added one
> glowing "K" Extruded Coconut Lump along with a chunk of hickory. The
> cheese was on the upper grill, the "fire" was in the Lumpsaver+ with a pan
> of ice on the main grill. I didn't really watch the dome temperature
> since I couldn't pre-heat the ceramic. It turned out pretty good (I used
> most of it for Christmas presents) if I can believe what everyone said
> They're begging me to do more.
>

>>Or you could say the hell with FL and the hurricanes and move
>>north and when it is 20 below, say ah nice 'cold smoking' weather !

> I'd rather buy smoked cheese or do without than ever see snow again...
> ;-)

Snow is not THAT bad to me. Snow, like everything else though, is best
when in moderation. The 10 inch or more storms, yea that gets to be a
problem.

BBQ
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 17:15:56 GMT, bbq > wrote:

>Buy smoked cheese or do without. Not
>worth the effort.

My guess is that most commercially produced "smoked" cheese never came
within 50 feet of a wisp of smoke.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
Graeme...in London

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 17:15:56 GMT, bbq > wrote:
>
> >Buy smoked cheese or do without. Not
> >worth the effort.

> My guess is that most commercially produced "smoked" cheese never came
> within 50 feet of a wisp of smoke.

Cor blimey. That's a big smoker for a wee hunk of cheese.

Maintaining a suitable temperature could also be problematical <g>

Graeme

Graeme...in London

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 17:15:56 GMT, bbq > wrote:
>
> >Buy smoked cheese or do without. Not
> >worth the effort.

> My guess is that most commercially produced "smoked" cheese never came
> within 50 feet of a wisp of smoke.

Cor blimey. That's a big smoker for a wee hunk of cheese.

Maintaining a suitable temperature could also be problematical <g>

Graeme

bbq

Graeme...in London wrote:

> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
>
>>On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 17:15:56 GMT, bbq > wrote:
>>

>>>Buy smoked cheese or do without. Not
>>>worth the effort.

>>My guess is that most commercially produced "smoked" cheese never came
>>within 50 feet of a wisp of smoke.
>>

> Cor blimey. That's a big smoker for a wee hunk of cheese.
>
> Maintaining a suitable temperature could also be problematical <g>
>
> Graeme

Graeme,

IIRC, you have the same smoker I used for smoking some cheddar. A Char
Broil Deluxe. With your cooler weather, I think the smoker does an
adequate job of smoking cheese. I used 3 briquettes and some wood chips
for the smoke. Can be a challenge to get the briquettes lit though. I
like to keep them all together so that they all help each other get and
stay lit. The chimney I had at that time had a flat bottom, so this was
easy to do. I now have a weber chimney and the bottom is cone shaped.
I need make a chimney from a coffee can to use for starting the coals
for cheese smoking.

Yea, it seems as though the smoker is rather large for smoking a couple
pounds of cheese, but I think it works well. For me, better than buying
a very miniature smoker for cheese only :-) Takes about 3 hours doing
all the necessary things to get smoked cheese. Depending on what else I
have going on that day, not a big deal.

Happy New Year

BBQ
Harry Demidavicius

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 17:37:18 -0000, "Graeme...in London"
> wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 17:15:56 GMT, bbq > wrote:
>>
>> >Buy smoked cheese or do without. Not
>> >worth the effort.

>> My guess is that most commercially produced "smoked" cheese never came
>> within 50 feet of a wisp of smoke.
>>

>Cor blimey. That's a big smoker for a wee hunk of cheese.
>
>Maintaining a suitable temperature could also be problematical <g>
>
>Graeme

Kevin, I need to disagree with you. Good cheesers smoke their smoked
cheeses.

Graeme, yes it is a big smoker for a little hunk of cheese - but smoke
and temp control are NOT a problem.

BBQ - yes I did cold smoke some cheese on my k's and they came out 1/
just fine and a little dry and 2 & 3 - Souperb! However. it was a lot
of work and the results were no better than what I can get from my
cheese-lady. I placed this into my 'been there did that etc'
category.

Harry

Char Griller Duo Mods Joseph Barbecue 16 13-04-2008 10:01 PM
Too Many Mods Bubba Barbecue 10 23-09-2005 12:01 AM
New ECB with Mods and Picture Brad Houser Barbecue 5 23-02-2005 05:15 PM
ECB Mods Stubby Barbecue 2 28-12-2003 06:47 PM