Ron

In article .net>,
Jay Santos > wrote:

> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
> >>"If the spices I needed were available locally I would
> >>[consume only locally grown produce]."
> >>
> >>- Skanky Carpetmuncher, 27 Dec 2004

> > And you're back to insults rather than arguments.

> The argument is plain, and you can't even begin to
> rebut it.
>
> The conclusion is clear: you don't believe at all that
> it is wrong to kill animals.

Hmmm. Let's test that hypothesis.

If someone states they are religious and doesn't attend service then,
they don't really believe in their X.

If someone says they believe in honesty and must lie to save their life
then, obviously they don't believe in honesty.

If someone states that they believe in truth but ignores a truth once in
an entire lifetime then they obviously don't believe in truth.

If someone says they are well read but hasn't read anything then,
obviously they don't believe in being well read otherwise they would
read everything.

I'm finding some difficulty with your perception of what is necessary to
demonstrate that someone believes in X.