Rob

Dan Emerson wrote:
> Just an update to my disaster story. You remember my bursting of a
> finished 54 litre carboy of Cabernet? I tossed the carpet and opened
> a window to let the room air out. Well, mold had started to grow on
> the floorboards. I now have mold spores throughout the house. Is
> this going to be a problem?
>
> Current project, ripping up the floor boards down to the cement
> foundation. Jesus what a cock up!
>
> Just whining over spilled wine. Sorry for my pathetic public appeal
> for commiseration.
>
> Dan

Are you worried about mold? I don't think it's a problem. I know
there's a whole industry based on deadly mold that's going to spore up
and climb the stairs and strangle the entire family one night, but what
I've read that's not likely unless you live in a very specific area of
Texas. The mold spores have been there forever, you just finally gave
them enough moisture to pop to life.

Dry it out thorougly, Lysol like crazy (or some other disinfectant),
and keep it dry. They'll go back dormant, or die.

Before you worry about the mold too much, you should worry much more
about the 20-something seems-nice-but-a-bit-aloof boarder with a knife
fixation you're renting the basement to. :-)

Rob