Sean Elkins

In article .com>,
wrote:

> I have a large fresh venison ham and a few bags of Mortons Tender Quick
> curing brine mix. The package says to let the meat cure for 24 hours. I
> thought it took days! I don't want some quick 'almost ham'. If it takes
> days of the brine treatment to get a true ham I'm all for it. What do I
> need to do?
>
> Mike

Are you wanting to make a 'country ham'? If so then you need the Sugar
Cure. Essentially the process takes a few weeks to make a hard cured ham
that can be stored at room temperature.

Your mention of brine makes me think that you are really making a ham that
needs to be refrigerated. If so then the time should be similar to making
a pork ham. Have you Googled brining ham to find directions on the web?