Bubba

Buzz1 wrote:

>"Bubba" > wrote in message
t...

>>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>>

>>>Why cook them to 200?
>>>

>>Because the technique will ultimately be used on venison shoulder which
>>I want: a) well done b) the collagen to turn to gelatin.
>>

>Darn I usually take venison to about 140°--darn tasty too!
>Guess I've been doing it wrong for years<LOL>
>
>Buzz

I'm sure it was. If this were the backstrap I'd be eating it rare, but
while a shoulder would taste just fine at 140, I would find it a bit dry
and chewy. I'm after the same sort or texture one finds in a brisket or
pork shoulder that's been brought to 200. Hell, I'm retired and love to
cook....why not play and learn at the same time?

Bubba

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?