Karen Selwyn

Thanks for this very detailed list. I've had to eliminate some appealing
choices like Aquavit because it doesn't open for brunch until noon. I'm
juggling all sorts of factors, and one of them is that we must be seated
at 11:30 because of afternoon meeting times.

Here are a few more facts to help you make a recommendation among my
current restaurant possibilities:

o The brunch will be in honor of a 60th birthday and the guests are all
in their 50s and 60s.
o The guest list will be between 10-15.
o A private room would be best, but a private corner of a main dining
room will also work.
o Good food -- but not cutting edge food -- is the goal.
o Served food is better than buffet food unless a buffet can be set up
in a private room.
o A pleasant atmosphere is preferable to a happening atmosphere.
o The price per person should not exceed $35 before taxes and tips.

I think Atelier, Becco, Cafe des Artistes, Nick and Toni's Cafe, and
Town all meet my criteria. Any recommendations among my list or the
Zagat list below?

Thanks.

Karen Selwyn