pavane

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Can anyone tell me what it is that gives the chardonnay this flavor and
> some suggestions of wine to buy? My price range would be on the low-end
> because I want to also give him two wine glasses and I don't want to
> spend too much.

A good way to find the type of wine you want is to do the
good old Google search on "buttery chardonnay" and read
between the lines of the various responses, you will find
quite a few listed. All of the Gallo wines (Gallo itself, Frei
Vineyard, Marcellina, MacMurray, ...) have a characteristic
buttery finish, as do the Rosemount wines from Australia,
Franciscan is nice, but take a look at the Google results,
note a few and wander off to you local wine merchant to
talk a bit. You should be able to buy quite a few nice ones
in the less-than-$20 range.

pavane