Mydnight

On 10 Dec 2004 17:45:01 -0800, "Ripon" > wrote:

>Hello mydnight, wonderful idea. When you will be in China, I will be in
>Maputo, Mozambique. Will it be possible to send me tea there? Otherwise
>I will provide you my State Department address in Washington DC which
>will delay the tea, two-three more weeks which is not good for some
>types of teas. Please let me know, what types and grade teas are
>available so I can order some tea. While your are talking about your
>searching about postal system please also add a little time about China
>to Mozambique postal cost. Otherwise, I will use China-US-Mozambique
>channel. I am also going to China next year and would love to spend
>sometime in Guangdong. My e-mail address is Please let me
>know your thought and thanks again for your offer.
>
>Ripon
>Vienna,VA

Surely. I will look up information on sending to Mozambique, but I
can already tell you that China Post may have a problem sending things
to African countries. They are extremely prejudice towards Africans
in China from what I've seen. Some of my friends from Ghana tried to
go there and get jobs and a real problem with VISAs and so forth and
my friend from Mozambique tried to send some packages and customs
refused to let it go.

You are right. Teas being in transit for too long can spoil,
especially how they handle the packages there. I will ask around when
I get back and see if I can find some routes that exporters use.
Maybe there is a way around the huge wait time....then again, sending
a package or two of tea wouldn't be that expensive by airmail since
it's so light.

ATTN rec.food.drink.tea ATTN

Everyone that reads these posts, please be aware this is an idea that
recently dawned on me and I am in the preliminary stages of research
on it. I don't want to get everyone's hopes up and then find that
it's too difficult to send the tea this way. The most expensive part
would be the shipping, I think. I will do my best because some of the
sites that I have seen linked here and there are totally rip-off and
it angers me. But who knows what could come from this. I hope it
will work out!

cheers.

Mydnight

thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.