Musky Killer

Default Sweet Wine Substitute - Help Request !

Hello Julia,

Well, this is a strange one, but I bought a book called "Roman Cookery" by
Mark Grant from Amazon. Yup, u guessed it, ancient-roman meals. Many of
them call for a 'Sweet Wine' to be used. In this case, it is for a meal
called:

"Hare In A Sweet Sauce"

It states:

"1/2 pint sweet white wine.....you need the sweetest dessert wine you can
find to give the dish the sweet and sour flavour of which the Romans were so
fond."

So there you have it. An unusual meal; but should be fun to make and eat
during the Christmas holidays

Cordially,

MK